Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV GSM module

Options
  • 18-08-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I was thinking of getting rid of my landline & getting a D2M module for my Astec 63DV alarm. But in light of the sale of Astec should I save the money from the module & put it into a new system. My system is 6 years old and I'm having no problems with it. Any advice on what I could do.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't know if you would be able to get a D2M unit.
    They weren't really Astec as such. Whether you buy the D2M or another generic unit they would still be compatible with any system should you upgrade later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I was thinking of getting rid of my landline & getting a D2M module for my Astec 63DV alarm. But in light of the sale of Astec should I save the money from the module & put it into a new system. My system is 6 years old and I'm having no problems with it. Any advice on what I could do.

Thanks,
    Michael

If your not having any problems with the panel then I would not get rid of it, Good system if installed correctly. You could use on of these instead of the D2M, works out about €275 in R.E.W and does the same job. Very easy to set up yourself also if the system has being programmed already.

Advertisement