Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview

Options
  • 18-08-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Just wondering I done an interview on Tuesday now I have learned that one of my referees was contacted yesterday But I have heard nothing is that a good sign that they have contacted them. my hopes are now up and I dont know what to think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vickim

Some companies have a process that they go through and they won't contact you until it's finished. I worked in recruitment for a number of years and I would never ring a referee if I didn't want to hire the applicant so the fact that they contacted your referee is a good sign. Hopefully, you contacted the referee yourself first to let them know someone would be in touch - it's polite to do this and it also gives them time to think of lots of nice things to say about you! Very important. There is nothing wrong with either writing a (carefully written and spell checked) email to thank the prospective employer for the interview and remind them of how enthusiastic you are. A phone call will work too but make it quick. At the end of the day, it depends on who else they interviewed and who is most suitable for the job. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck!!! If you don't get this one, just keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

oh I informed both referees that I was attending interview. I Know that when I interviewed for positions I would never have contacted referees unless we were going to offer the person concerned a position. Oh I'm just in a twitter have had so many at this stage and no success its nerve wrecking will sit tight nervously for another day or two ahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

well I got my call on monday am at 9.15 that I got the job was a long stressfull wait was a relief when it came.did they contact your referees or would you know them well enough to ask it usually is a good sign if they do keep us posted on developments

Advertisement