Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you pose nude?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The judge says I'm not allowed to show myself naked to other people anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Being an artist who uses the nude form, I had plenty of girls willing to post but alwasy teh same excuse: my boyfirend wouldn't let them. Oddly enough it was the complete opposite the other way around, girls wante their boyfriends to pose.

Boy friend#s promptly refused, because the felt a bit "gay".

So the question is - especially for the guys - would you let your girlferiend pose nude for a photographer, assuming she was up for it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

What happpens if a guy is modelling nude and he pulls a boner? Like, seriously? Does he just sit there and wait it out? He can hardly hope that nobody notices. Or do the students all just tut and click as they erase and redraw, erase and redraw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What happpens if a guy is modelling nude and he pulls a boner? Like, seriously? Does he just sit there and wait it out? He can hardly hope that nobody notices. Or do the students all just tut and click as they erase and redraw, erase and redraw...

That and what if you needed to let one rip? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Larianne wrote: »
    That and what if you needed to let one rip? :o

Then they just add in stink lines! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

And again... how much does it pay?

Genuinely curious now!

In Trinity it's about a tenner an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

For the right price, why not :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

I'd say if you did pose alot of the time in Trinity, as well as having a few bob you could rack up a female posse (if you're a bloke).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I think if I insisted on posing nude, people would pay me to keep my clothes on instead of displaying my wobbly bits, so might be an idea there............. I could pretend I'm going to and then get paid anyway. Score.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

I'm hung like a horse

If a friend asked me to do it, I would, but I wouldn't take it up as a money making venture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

When I was in art college we had a male model, and he must've been about 60. One day one of his bollocks dropped out of his underpants (it didnt roll across the floor or anything), and the girl beside me got quite flustered and began to faint. I think I stopped drawing at that stage, if I remember right.

So no I wouldnt, except maybe for a million quid.
    A lifedrawing model wearing underwear. Did you attend college in an Islamic state out were the nuns running art classes in the community hall? When I was in college we had a model who was in his late 70's, legend of a man called Willie. He was really wrinkled, and could sit for ages, so he was a fantastic model. There was a girl who would sit for about 5 minutes at a time before declaring she needed a fag break, and Neil, who had one bollock and a penchant for aiming his erections at the most shy person in the room, who was my friend. She'd be getting redder and redder until she couldn't take it anymore and run out of the room, eventually someone would notice and shout "ffs Neil, put it away!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That Neil fella sounds like a hero.

That Neil fella sounds like a hero.
    I've just noticed that the only person who's thanked you so far is Testicle. Seems apt, seeing as Neil had only the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Yes, thankfully! Maybe he was a bit self conscious about his "crown jewels". We did have a female model also, and she used to go the full monty. Nice lady actually, used to sit and drink coffee with us in the canteen afterwards.
    Anyone else picturing the lady in the canteen still naked?
    Just casually having a naked coffee...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

shinikins wrote: »
    When I was in college we had a model[...] called Willie.
    Apt.

shinikins wrote: »
    When I was in college we had a model who was in his late 70's, legend of a man called Willie. He was really wrinkled, and could sit for ages, so he was a fantastic model. "

Sure his name wasn't Frank?? We had a model who sounds exactly like this but was called Frank and was almost blind.

Or maybe there's a contingent of really old life models out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

I'm skint and trying to think of ways to make money and posing nude for Art popped into my head. I've attended life drawing classes myself while at college so I have an idea what's involved.

Would you do it?

Realistically, I don't think I could do it. The main reason being I'd be afraid I'd know someone in the class.

If I had a body like Kate Moss I would do it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

Life Models aren't just for christmas you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Being an artist who uses the nude form, I had plenty of girls willing to post but alwasy teh same excuse: my boyfirend wouldn't let them. Oddly enough it was the complete opposite the other way around, girls wante their boyfriends to pose.

Boy friend#s promptly refused, because the felt a bit "gay".

So the question is - especially for the guys - would you let your girlferiend pose nude for a photographer, assuming she was up for it?

It depends. If it was a well-known, reputable photographer, and she really wanted to do it, I'd be fine with it.

If it was a mate or a friend of a friend and she was doing it for fun, I wouldn't. Not out of jealousy, just because there's way too many creepy guys out there and I wouldn't trust a randomer around a girl I'm seeing naked.

I'd sooner buy her a photo shoot by a company/photographer that I did trust myself so we're both happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

If I was with someone who told me I wasn't "allowed" to pose nude for a photographer they'd get told where to shove it pretty fast, or I'd just go ahead and do it anyway. I did nekkid photos a few months ago actually - fantastic experience and I'd highly recommend it, so liberating. Sure it's something to look back on in a few years when everything has gone south and/ or wobbly.All very tasteful arty farty stuff and no-one will ever see them unless I want them to.

Except for the 8ft x 6 ft b&w canvas I plan on hanging in the bedroom and the customised Christmas cards of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

g'em wrote: »
    If I was with someone who told me I wasn't "allowed" to pose nude for a photographer they'd get told where to shove it pretty fast, or I'd just go ahead and do it anyway. I did nekkid photos a few months ago actually - fantastic experience and I'd highly recommend it, so liberating. Sure it's something to look back on in a few years when everything has gone south and/ or wobbly.All very tasteful arty farty stuff and no-one will ever see them unless I want them to.

Except for the 8ft x 6 ft b&w canvas I plan on hanging in the bedroom and the customised Christmas cards of course.

Pics or it didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

g'em wrote: »
    If I was with someone who told me I wasn't "allowed" to pose nude for a photographer they'd get told where to shove it pretty fast, or I'd just go ahead and do it anyway.

And how would you feel if, say, your fella told you he was getting his lad out for a girl who was his cousin's mate? Just out of interest.

P.S: I'm pre-emptively calling BS if you say "I wouldn't be bothered, it's his life and if it makes him happy, I'm happy."
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Blatter wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Send me on your credit card number, date of birth and your Mother's maiden name and I'll see what I can do.
    leggo wrote: »
    And how would you feel if, say, your fella told you he was getting his lad out for a girl who was his cousin's mate? Just out of interest.

P.S: I'm pre-emptively calling BS if you say "I wouldn't be bothered, it's his life and if it makes him happy, I'm happy."
    :P

Just getting his lad out for the craic? Well that would be a bit weird and I'd be slightly worried if I was seeing someone with that level of sexual deviancy. But if it was for photos? Meh, good on my imaginary fella, why would I have a problem with that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I got pissed a few months ago and decided at about 5 in the morn a naked swim in the atlantic was essential! There are pictures of my head if it counts lol

Sure his name wasn't Frank?? We had a model who sounds exactly like this but was called Frank and was almost blind.

Or maybe there's a contingent of really old life models out there?
    No he was definitely Willie, he was an absolute gentleman, he was obviously interested in art himself and would sit and chat afterwards about our work. Got chatting to him once about his family, and he whipped out a picture of himself with his wife when they first met-he was a hottie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I most definitely would if the price was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

gregers85 wrote: »
    I got pissed a few months ago and decided at about 5 in the morn a naked swim in the atlantic was essential! There are pictures of my head if it counts lol

which one...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jam

Interestingly enough, this is on my bucketlist. Although, I think I'd have to 'warm up' with a one-to-one first, before posing for a class. Just to say "Yeah, I've done that." And not just when I'm 60 either.

This also interests me as a photographer, there's a small field of landmines with this.

This seems like something that would be really fun, interesting, artistic, creative, adventurous and new. Where does one find a model? Location? Time? Starting off? How to maintain sexuality without sexualizing the situation? Staying somewhat professional, that is. If you’re male, how do you come across as not being a creepy pervert?

It seems like a catch-22, how do build a portfolio without a portfolio?

Then there’s the reaction of your partner: "You were photographing her naked!" I guess it is much like an actor kissing somebody else on stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

gregers85 wrote: »

THAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR SHEEEEEEEE BLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Saila wrote: »
    which one...

My Bald one ;) haha

Wasn't long sobering up haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup i'd have no problem doing it tbh. I'd probably even do it for free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Kiera wrote: »

sure ya can do it here if ya like, we don't mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Would a camera phone suffice?

sure ya can do it here if ya like, we don't mind ;)
    Pyr0 wrote: »
    Would a camera phone suffice?

I'm sure some posters could pass them on to ya :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Been there done that :):)

I'm sure some posters could pass them on to ya :P

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

Jaysus!! Spare us honey.

I'm not feelin' too good at the minute.

Nobody wants to see that kind of sight.

please..............

Jaysus!! Spare us honey.

please..............

speak for yourself please

• Advertisement

Been there done that :):)

Was it in an art class setting?

How long did you do it for? Do you just make enquiries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

speak for yourself please

Eh.. sorry...didn't realise you might ..erm.. have ..special tastes.:cool:

Eh.. sorry...didn't realise you might ..erm.. have ..special tastes.:cool:

for the vag? no I don't, I was just saying speak for yourself, as I'm sure there's plenty that would disagree with you.

Jaysus!! Spare us honey.

please..............

Shut up. The bitter and twisted phase went out years ago, grandad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah yeah id pose nude, although i cant think of anyone whod like to look, apart from my missus.... and thats a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'd need to have been an active member of a gym for quite a while as well as extensive psychotherapy before I'd be able to.

So I think I'd actually lose money if I tried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Would you do it?
    Yeah.

I'd need to have been an active member of a gym for quite a while as well as extensive psychotherapy before I'd be able to.

So I think I'd actually lose money if I tried.

How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Alright in my experience of life drawing classes its about having an understanding of your own body (angles, how it catches light and shadow, where the light is coming from, the tension or softness of your flesh, the difficulty of your pose) being a plan of poses or find out what the teacher wants, understanding the communication can be difficult and being able to deliver what's s/he's asking. I know you said you've done life drawing and know whats involved but hey just throwing it out there I went to secondary school and I thought I knew what was involved in teaching there until I was teaching temporarily, my god... Well its just one of those things you'll learn as you go along anyway!

Right the main issue of this isn't your ability of course its a shame factor, I can't believe I'm reducing myself to this perhaphs, personally I don't think its like that at all. Its art after all :) And there's not going to be photos/videos hanging around forever oh and if there was someone you knew in the class I doubt they would think any less of you, if theyve signed up for the class I'm sure they wouldnt be the type of person to judge, but as I said if you don't feel comfortable for what ever reason don't par take in a class.

If you've got the body for it go for it, if you're worried about mums friend being in the class why not aim for modeling for professional artists like in the RHA. There are also college's and you've been through college so the chances of knowing a student there would be slim.

The life model I had for years is a well respected professional who I run into and see at events often, no one looks down on her nor should they.

I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I pose nude for my neighbour every morning. Nothing like a bit of nude stretching and yoga to give the ol' wan next door something to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

How old are you?

Still unattractive as fuck though....

• Advertisement
Advertisement