Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you pose nude?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Yes yes yes .....the question is would anyone want me to pose nude :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm skint and trying to think of ways to make money and posing nude for Art popped into my head. I've attended life drawing classes myself while at college so I have an idea what's involved.

Would you do it?

Realistically, I don't think I could do it. The main reason being I'd be afraid I'd know someone in the class.

Hay id pay you 10 euro an hour to be my life model at the weekend (no joking) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, since Lucien Freud passed away, I think that's the end of my possible career as a nude model. Other painters are too ... realist. :eek:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I would love to have a obese life drawing model that would be so interesting to draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Still unattractive as fuck though....

6 yrs time you'll be doing naked jumping jacks in public ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup i'd have no problem doing it tbh. I'd probably even do it for free :)

Just out of curiosity, how many PMs did you receive as a result of posting this? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I would love to have a obese life drawing model that would be so interesting to draw

We had an larger, okay obese lady sit for us. To be honest, I found the models with a bit of meat on them more interesting to draw then the whippets with no fat. The rolls of fat made for interesting shading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I can not believe that a thread in AH about nudity has gone down the road of art and not sex. Unbelieveable!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

TPD wrote: »
    What happens if the male model gets hard mid-sit, and you've already drawn his knob? Go back with the eraser and do it again? Or somebody might start with the johnston and another might leave it till last, resulting in two quite different images of it.

hahaha:D:D

It would depend on the pose, I guess. If it was on that I was comfortable sitting in for an extended period of time then.. yes. I think I would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

yes think I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

id do it for feckn free lol i look good naked.....and plus ive always wanted to do it....it depends if ur comfortable in ur own skin u can do it....

oh my god, in the name of art?? of course i would!!

how much does it pay?
    im far from slim but seriously? i can get paid for sitting around in the nip??

just tell me the place, date and time.....ill be there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd have to be well conditioned to even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

What poses will you have to do OP, yoga-type stuff like...?

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

op if u know any company or wateva dat r lookn for some one pm me :) .... Oh i shud mention that id prob get a boner at random but i dont expect to be paid extra for it doe ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Partizan wrote: »
    I'm hung like a horse

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

stevejr wrote: »
    What poses will you have to do OP, yoga-type stuff like...?

Well, when I was in art college the models usually just sat down on a chair or mat, or lay down on a mat.

We had one nut job that liked to show is dexterity and did the 'crab'. He did mad short poses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

meh im on the internets in just shorts and in just a towel and stuff, not to ashamed of what I got so yeah I'd do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

There's only so long I can imagine Twink and John Waters naked in a cold bath before I start to get hard.

Unless the art class is over before the Twink/ John Waters in a bath trick wears off, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I'm skint and trying to think of ways to make money and posing nude for Art popped into my head.

A woman should never pose naked for a bit of cash. I know you're talking about art. But self-respect is important. Besides in reality would it really be artists just drawing the female form and thinking nothing of it? ... or would it be one or two pervy wan*ers eye'ing you up as they draw you.

IMO, No woman should take her git off for anything like art or modelling. Its slutty. Sure I know of a few girls who have (mainly friends of friends as the pub I always went to was a entwined circle) and they had professional pics of them with their ti*s out (etc) on ModelMayhem.com - Truth be known, some of them paid for the shoot or it was a photographer putting together a portfolio who probably only gave them 40 euro. Think about it. Taking your kit off for 40 euro? .. and its not like these girls were hard up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

LighterGuy wrote: »
    A woman should never pose naked for a bit of cash. I know you're talking about art. But self-respect is important. Besides in reality would it really be artists just drawing the female form and thinking nothing of it? ... or would it be one or two pervy wan*ers eye'ing you up as they draw you.

IMO, No woman should take her git off for anything like art or modelling. Its slutty. Sure I know of a few girls who have (mainly friends of friends as the pub I always went to was a entwined circle) and they had professional pics of them with their ti*s out (etc) on ModelMayhem.com - Truth be known, some of them paid for the shoot or it was a photographer putting together a portfolio who probably only gave them 40 euro. Think about it. Taking your kit off for 40 euro? .. and its not like these girls were hard up.
    Ah there's the holier than thou judgemental folk, bit late to the party no?

Ah there's the holier than thou judgemental folk, bit late to the party no?

ah the average AH users mentality :rolleyes:
    no, i dont have no holier than thou judgement. props on taking me up wrong tho.

Simple fact is if someone is willing to take their clothes off because they are hard up. You can understand that. But for someone who isnt? its slutty. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I always find when someone tries to end a point with 'simple as' they're usually ignoring a substantial point.

For example, the point that some people may enjoy the fact that they look good, or feel they look good, or are somehow admired for how they take care of their bodies.

Or they want to be able to look back on their lives and tick off 'posing nude' as one of those liberating things that they felt was an existentialist protest at subjective social rules of modesty, and a display of their freedom and independence.

Lots of possibilities.

later10 wrote: »
    I always find when someone tries to end a point with 'simple as' they're usually ignoring a substantial point.

For example, the point that some people may enjoy the fact that they look good, or feel they look good, or are somehow admired for how they take care of their bodies.

Or they want to be able to look back on their lives and tick off 'posing nude' as one of those liberating things that they felt was an existential protest at subjective social rules of modesty, and a display of their independence.

Lots of possibilities.

ok. you listed two. i would agree.
    here is another one: A girl who has no issue taking her git off for money. not for an artisic reason. Not for any sense of "showcasing the female form and its beauty" etc ... but for money. Need an example? page 3 girls.

Lets look at it another way, for every 1 person who has the attitude of what you said above. There is another with what I said above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

If I had no hang-ups about my body and it paid well, I'd do it (life drawing, not FHM or similar)

How anyone believes life drawing models are slutty is beyond me...

If I had no hang-ups about my body and it paid well, I'd do it (life drawing, not FHM or similar)

How anyone believes life drawing models are slutty is beyond me...

you kinda help my point.
    im talking about nudity as a whole (take alook at my first post above) you say if you had confidence you would pose artistically. Ok can be classy. But at the same time you would not pose for FHM ... page 3 etc. Obviously because you would deem that "inappropiate" right?

But also, you said "paid well" - so in other words you wouldnt pose for something as low as 20 euro right? ... why is that? because you have self respect right? .. everything is different when good money is involved. we all know that. but at the same time you wouldnt take your kit off if it was a low figure too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

you kinda help my point.
    im talking about nudity as a whole (take alook at my first post above) you say if you had confidence you would pose artistically. Ok can be classy. But at the same time you would not pose for FHM ... page 3 etc. Obviously because you would deem that "inappropiate" right?

But also, you said "paid well" - so in other words you wouldnt pose for something as low as 20 euro right? ... why is that? because you have self respect right? .. everything is different when good money is involved. we all know that. but at the same time you wouldnt take your kit off if it was a low figure too.

I wouldn't get out of bed for €20! :D

The only reason I wouldn't do FHM, is because I think it is pointless. The women are airbrushed to within an inch of their lives and it doesn't give an accurate portrayal of how real women look - it's a male fantasy. Not that there's anything wrong with the women who choose to do it, it just wouldn't be something i'd aspire to do.

I think the female form in art, however, is beautiful to look at. Therefore, I'd have no problem doing it for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ya sure, the women do need something to drool over after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If we all did it, would people call us Nudesies instead of Boardsies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

the amount of people who say No but then you're bound to see them doing it on chat roulette or similar

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No problem whatsoever. My main concern would be "is the room warm" haha.

Kinda suprised about some of the responses here...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

I've done it, not for money, though I was later paid for an article I wrote about the experience in a magazine.

A strangely liberating experience.

C635

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Definitely. I'd even do it for free. Or charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Times they are a-changin'....

I rembered telling people here that I was a bodypainter and someone accused of being a perv!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

I have done it before & would do it again if the opportunity was available. I have no problem being nude in front of others (in a non sexual way). The people in the classes that I modelled for were great. Any serious artists reading this and requiring a male life model pm me. I would do it for free if the distance is'nt far just to get experience and references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ah the average AH users mentality :rolleyes:
    no, i dont have no holier than thou judgement. props on taking me up wrong tho.

Simple fact is if someone is willing to take their clothes off because they are hard up. You can understand that. But for someone who isnt? its slutty. Simple as.

Thankfully for the planet and the art world in general, you're in a tiny minority there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hell yea!
    I love getting my square pants off and parading around the place:D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

I've attended life drawing classes myself while at college so I have an idea what's involved.

I have never been in a art classroom before and I badly want to know what's involved. Can you help me OP?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A woman should never pose naked for a bit of cash. I know you're talking about art. But self-respect is important.
    It does nothing to damage any ones self respect by posing nude, the only reason you don't like it is because you've been culturally programmed to think it's wrong.

The female body is the epitome of human beauty it just is and always will be it would quite frankly be beyond odd if artists never spent time drawing and modelling it. That kind of art goes further than just outwardly beauty as well, it's gives the artist a much better insight into how the body works and it's mechanics.

The sexualisation of the female form is always going to be present when men are drawing the female form but there's nothing wrong with that and it's amazing to be able to look at two drawings of the same subject and see a completely different picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Bagenal wrote: »
    I have done it before & would do it again if the opportunity was available. I have no problem being nude in front of others (in a non sexual way). The people in the classes that I modelled for were great. Any serious artists reading this and requiring a male life model pm me. I would do it for free if the distance is'nt far just to get experience and references.

Tell us about your problem being nude in front of others (in a sexual way). Perhaps we can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dunno. I'd say it wouldn't be too bad.
    Condatis wrote: »
    In Trinity it's about a tenner an hour.

You could make that in 10 mins to just stand naked in front of some blokes and close your eyes so you can't see what he's doing... Then you wouldn't have to worry about anyone you know seeing you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bagenal wrote: »

Wait, you need experience to stand around naked? And there's a career in that?
    Simple fact is if someone is willing to take their clothes off because they are hard up. You can understand that. But for someone who isnt? its slutty. Simple as

I assume you don't have a girlfriend and have never seen anyone naked.

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup i'd have no problem doing it tbh. I'd probably even do it for free :)

Off to search the know your nerds thread... > >

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Would totally pose nude. No reason not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Give me a shout if you need an audience :D I'd even do it for free. Or charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ScumLord wrote: »
    It does nothing to damage any ones self respect by posing nude, the only reason you don't like it is because you've been culturally programmed to think it's wrong..

Wrong and "slutty" don't forget. Dirty as well presumably. Dirty, dirty slutty bodies.....
    ScumLord wrote: »
    The female body is the epitome of human beauty it just is and always will be it would quite frankly be beyond odd if artists never spent time drawing and modelling it. That kind of art goes further than just outwardly beauty as well, it's gives the artist a much better insight into how the body works and it's mechanics. ..

Actually in Greek and to a lesser extent Roman culture it was the male. Hard to imagine given the way the world is these days but true. The idea of some advertiser selling crisps with semi naked men and wondering how much lad he could get away with showing is amusing, but it could well have been the norm had events been different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

smash wrote: »
    Off to search the know your nerds thread... > >

**** that, facebook search ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I have and would again but only in certain circumstances. Last time I was dating a photographer/artist and so of course we ended up doing photo shoots and all that. I wouldn't do it for money. However, years later, the artist used one of the paintings as a book cover and that paid well so he shared some of that with me which was nice.

• Advertisement

Advertisement