Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you pose nude?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

And again... how much does it pay?

Genuinely curious now!
    Condatis wrote: »
    In Trinity it's about a tenner an hour.

Wow! the recession is really hitting home. :eek:

Certain people got 17 punt per hour back in 1998. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I did life drawing, nobody bats an eyelid. The model we had was very chilled and comfortable so everybody felt at ease and for the majority of the class it was their first time drawing nudes. Id go for it if the opportunity comes your way, even if you're a nervous wreck, fake confidence and you'll soon get used to it. Also you dont have to be rippling with muscle or have a great body apparently a model with cushioning makes a better subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I'd say it'd be fairly challenging for an artist to capture the true beauty of my fat and hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Nodin wrote: »
    Wrong and "slutty" don't forget. Dirty as well presumably. Dirty, dirty slutty bodies......

Stop it.......you're turning me on:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Stop it.......you're turning me on:mad:
    Damn it... has anyone got an eraser? I have to start again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eirn

I would consider myself to be fairly reserved, but I honestly can't see anything wrong with posing nude for a life drawing class. I think it's completely different to getting your bits out for a lad's mag or stripping (which really is just tacky!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

I have got a gig as a life model with an art college. :) It's work and a few yoyo's. It has been done for centuries, just look at any art site or in any gallery etc to see the drawings/paintings that have been done and also sculptures.

BQQ wrote: »
    Wow! the recession is really hitting home. :eek:

Certain people got 17 punt per hour back in 1998. :o

Its less than that now :( & then theres tax, prsi etc to deduct :))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Bagenal wrote: »
    I have got a gig as a life model with an art college. :) It's work and a few yoyo's. It has been done for centuries, just look at any art site or in any gallery etc to see the drawings/paintings that have been done and also sculptures.

link? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I suppose I would, I tried to get the time of work for the spencer tunick pictures 2 or 3 years ago, but it turned out posing naked isn't a valid excuse to get off work.

I should have just phoned a sicky, but knowing my luck I would be recognised by the...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No word of a lie, I got an email via the student jobs mailing list last week with a certain PLC college looking for models for life drawing classes.

Pay is €14.00 if anyone is interested! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm in the nude now. What? it's warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Larianne wrote: »
    No word of a lie, I got an email via the student jobs mailing list last week with a certain PLC college looking for models for life drawing classes.

Ha. I get twice that to put mine back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is that on top of the €10,000 to get out of bed?

The thing about those intimate naked pictures is the internet, they really aren't advisable anymore.

I'd be intrested, Pm me the details Please :)

Pics or.... :P

Eh, no. PM me you lazy git! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Who or what is a PLC college?

Glenster wrote: »
    Who or what is a PLC college?

post leaving certificate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I'd totally do it- question is if they'd want me XD

Hang on a minute.

Is this thread thinly veiled spam? You could nearly say naked.

Hang on a minute.

Is this thread thinly veiled spam? You could nearly say naked.

No. It'd be very good if it was, eh?! It was sheer co-incidence that I started this thread a while back and then got an email about a job last week. I was literally spitting out my cereal as I read it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Matthew23

well there are defo naked videos of me online somewhere so i dont think it matters if i posed nude in a class :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yes I'd do it, not outside though, and under the right circumstances, I'd have to lose 20lbs first though:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

No. It'd be very good if it was, eh?! It was sheer co-incidence that I started this thread a while back and then got an email about a job last week. I was literally spitting out my cereal as I read it. :D

Save it for the prison forum :P

True story brah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If I was sure I didnt know anyone in the class I would do it. The only fear is if something sexy crossed my mind and I got a stiffie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Eh, no. PM me you lazy git! :p

I would definatly do that! I have some interesting tattoos for the more creative life drawing classes!

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    If I was sure I didnt know anyone in the class I would do it. The only fear is if something sexy crossed my mind and I got a stiffie!

I modelled today for the first time in years, there wasnt a hope of getting a "stiffie", 2 poses were an hour long each. I had cramps in my arms and legs at the end of each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I would definatly do that! I have some interesting tattoos for the more creative life drawing classes!
    I modelled today for the first time in years, there wasnt a hope of getting a "stiffie", 2 poses were an hour long each. I had cramps in my arms and legs at the end of each.

Hmm.... prison, tattoos and cramps in the arms.... not sure that was the indended direction of the thread...

Hour is a long time to stay pretty still, though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Fairplay

I model to,

I am a before model, this is what he looked like before he start using our product, but now (enter Brad Pitt) look at him now.

Except I only get out of bed for 10 grand. So I stay in bed alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sure why not, its only flesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I would, except that I'd probably put someone's eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Ladies should expose only their ankles in public.
    true only after they have exposed everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

If I had the body, was confident enough and the OH not minding then I probably would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Last time I posed nude 43 and a half people died.

Never again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

If the price was right

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Kinda have done before (OH at the time was a photographer who always had her camera with her!) so prob would again if the price was right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

justryan wrote: »
    If the price was right
    i would as well,but the most i could afford to pay is about £10,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Could be some money to made from this if you're in Dublin:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056422513

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Have done it many times, you just end up getting stiff from the poses, it's no big deal, the artists are used to seeing people of all shapes naked. And we are all naked under our clothes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

jackie1974 wrote: »
    I did life drawing, nobody bats an eyelid. The model we had was very chilled and comfortable so everybody felt at ease and for the majority of the class it was their first time drawing nudes. Id go for it if the opportunity comes your way, even if you're a nervous wreck, fake confidence and you'll soon get used to it. Also you dont have to be rippling with muscle or have a great body apparently a model with cushioning makes a better subject.

There's a euphemism if I ever seen one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 peppi21

I'd need to have been an active member of a gym for quite a while as well as extensive psychotherapy before I'd be able to.

So I think I'd actually lose money if I tried.
    Fancy doing a class in Mayo on sat 3rd March????
    Harder to find a model than i thought

justryan wrote: »
    If the price was right
    Fancy coming to mayo to do a class??? will pay for travel expenses :) Its for a hen party. Good Pay. Sat 3rd March. Soooo hard to find a model :)

Would you travel to Mayo for a class on Sat 3rd March???? Would pay extra for travel expenses. Its for a hen party. please consider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yes
    And watch the class turn to stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

peppi21 wrote: »
    Would you travel to Mayo for a class on Sat 3rd March???? Would pay extra for travel expenses. Its for a hen party. please consider

You want a stripper? Or a life class model? Odd hen party

44leto wrote: »
    Yes
    And watch the class turn to stone.
    ah thats not nice

im being serious. really need a model. had one booked for months and he had to cancel due to health reasons. im starting to panic coz im realizing how hard it is to find a model

You want a stripper? Or a life class model? Odd hen party
    Looking for a life drawing model, who doesnt mind a bit of giggling at him. You interested??

Just something different for a hen party

• Advertisement
Advertisement