Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to release a ray?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hi lads caught my first proper fish last night :D about time id say haha, anyway it was a decent size sting ray no idea of weight or anything but it was about the size of my pc monitor in width, now me and my buddy had no idea how to release it properly, we got the hook out but we couldnt pick it up properly as its tail was swinging like crazy eventually it quietened down a bit and i managed to pick it up and throw it back in (hope it didnt die) but is there a proper way to deal with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Always have a cloth or a set of gloves handy when fishing for StingRay

Helps guard against the Spike also support the fish from underneath where you cant get whipped by the tail

As for release gently place the Ray into the water past the 1st couple of waves
    Hold the fish gently so the fish can swim away once it regains its bearings

Also watch and make sure the fish has gone into deeper water as it is very easy for the fish to get washed back onto the shore

Nice catch m8 very well done

Advertisement