Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNES Emulation links

• 18-08-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,

Massive retro gaming fan here. only found this section of boards today! Amazing!! hehe

Just spotted the thread on here [http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70306]
    regarding links to all emulators.

Was going to download the SNES one's but just have a couple of questions:

Are they still safe to download (security-wise)?
    And can Mario Kart and Desert Strike be gotten on these? hehe
    two of my favourite nintendo games :)

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best SNES emulator you can get is BSNES, however it requires high system requirements. If you can't run it fast then SNES9x and ZSNES would be the best. Get them from the official sites and there should be no security problems.

All games are playable on these emulators. We can't tell you where to get them because it's illegal but google helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The best SNES emulator you can get is BSNES, however it requires high system requirements. If you can't run it fast then SNES9x and ZSNES would be the best. Get them from the official sites and there should be no security problems.

All games are playable on these emulators. We can't tell you where to get them because it's illegal but google helps.

Sweet.
    I built a top of the range PC only 6 months ago so should be able to handle it no problem. Ill try the BSNES one first.

Possible to use an xbox controller on it do you know? Or what setup do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hi and welcome to the madhouse

There is another emulation thread here

Sadly i cannot edit the op but you might find some useful links

They are all links i used myself and my comp is still grand

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome to the madhouse

There is another emulation thread here

Sadly i cannot edit the op but you might find some useful links

They are all links i used myself and my comp is still grand

Perfect, that thread is a little more up to date. sweet, thx dude

What control do you use to play them, stick, pad, keyboard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can use an xbox 360 controller but it's not recommended because the d-pad is absolutely appalling on it. PS3 pad is a bit better but again it's got a slightly better but still terrible d-pad. I use a 360 street fighter 4 fightstick which would be the preferred method if you have one. Any PC joypad will work as well. If you really want the full experience then you can get converters for old joypads so you can play with an old SNES pad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Welcome to the A&R forum!

An xbox controller will work but you need the cable accessory to get it to work with a PC. If your PC has bluetooth (or could pick up a cheap dongle) then you can use PS3 and Wii Controllers on your PC, failing that a logitech usb type joypad will obviously do the trick.

Edit: Or what Retr0 said :)

You can use an xbox 360 controller but it's not recommended because the d-pad is absolutely appalling on it. PS3 pad is a bit better but again it's got a slightly better but still terrible d-pad. I use a 360 street fighter 4 fightstick which would be the preferred method if you have one. Any PC joypad will work as well. If you really want the full experience then you can get converters for old joypads so you can play with an old SNES pad.

perfect, I have a few old NES and SNES pads there, sega too.... might look into that. I'll pick up a PS style for the moment though.

I assume the multiplayer games can be played with 2 players etc ye?

Gonna be hours of fun hehe

SkrApsAK wrote: »
    Perfect, that thread is a little more up to date. sweet, thx dude

What control do you use to play them, stick, pad, keyboard?

I use a X-box original controller that i modded to connect to usb.
    Works very well (Awaits Retro to slate the controller for not being suitable:rolleyes:)

Yep, hook up 2 controllers through USB (or 4 for bomberman, highly recommended) and away you go.

On the subject of emulation has anyone tried to emulate the Bandai Playdia

Not sure if there is even an emu but may as well ask

• Advertisement

The software line up looks worse than the CDi.

The software line up looks worse than the CDi.

At least the CDi had Zelda ;)

Every console has at least one game on it that makes it worth getting. Except the Playdia :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hi SkrApsAK,
    Welcome to the forum!

Just one little question so's I can get an idea of how we're going to get along.

Do you like Streets of Rage or Goldenaxe?

Do you dream of Gunstar Heroes?

Do you enjoy Halo games or have a fondness for playing Goldeneye to this day?

Do you have Boulderdash underpants and worry about when the rocks are going to finally drop?

Do you play games via the following,
    RF
    Composite
    RGB
    VGA
    If so, which is best?

And finally, do you own a Nes yet? All the hep cats here have one!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hi SkrApsAK,

Do you have Boulderdash underpants and worry about when the rocks are going to finally drop?

Oi i resemble that remark:D

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hi SkrApsAK,
    Welcome to the forum!

Just one little question so's I can get an idea of how we're going to get along.

Do you like Streets of Rage or Goldenaxe?

Do you dream of Gunstar Heroes?

Do you enjoy Halo games or have a fondness for playing Goldeneye to this day?

Do you play games via the following,
    RF
    Composite
    RGB
    VGA
    If so, which is best?

And finally, do you own a Nes yet? All the hep cats here have one!

Both
    Used to back in the day but Super Probotector was my game tbh
    Neither
    Always!!
    HDMI as I mostly play PC these days with dual monitors :) Sharper and clearer is always my priority

Still have my NES, SNES and Megadrive, but not as many games as I would like (buying here and there as I find them). Also have an atari somewhere round here.
    Predominantly a PC gamer these days though.

Like it or lump it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok,
    Thanks for playing.

For liking Streets of Rage and Golden Axe and the derogatory remarks about Halo I'm afraid you're going to have to leave.
    Mind how you go now.... ;)

Only kidding!

But at least he likes Boulder Dash

Oh and talking about the best game ever just started my new walkthrough and this time we have sound :D

hehe.... Boulder Dash was quality!

Just downloaded the emulater and playing mario kart atm. lol so good :)

Advertisement