If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW PHILIPS 7 SERIES TV coming SOON!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

We will start to stock the new range of PHILIPS 7 Series TV's very soon - hopefully have a selection of them instore next week.

This range will pick up and build upon last years very popular 7 Series range.

The main addition to the new 7 SERIES range is the inclusion of 3D compatibility and this will start from 32" screen size up to 47":D

This is what the range will look like -
    42pfl7606t_12__fv_.jpg
    mmmmmm, tasty:P

A brief spec run down on 7606 models range

Saorview
    certification
    EASY 3D (Passive type with 2 pairs included with the TV)
    LED Edge lighting Tech
    500,000:1 Contrast Ratio
    2ms response time
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate
    Wired NET TV (PTA wireless dongle available for €49.99)
    1080p Full HD panel
    Pixel Precise HD Im page Processing engine
    AMBILIGHT Spectra 2
    2x 12watt on board sound system
    Plays back all sorts of files via USB
    4x HDMI, 1x SCART, 1x Component, 1x VGA and USB inputs
    CLASS A Energy Rating

Have a look at the provisional spec for the 42PFL7606 here

The 7606 range will be available in the following screen sizes
    32PFL7606H selling for €899.99
    42PFL7606H selling for €1299.99
    47PFL7606H selling for €1499.99

There willl also be a 32PFL7406H with similar spec to the above TV's but with out the EASY 3D system
    This TV will sell for €799.99

I'll post up as soon as I have these instore and on demo.

Naturally we are happy to take pre-orders

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Hi Ash. What is the link between Richer Sounds and the Phillips shop in Dublin. You seem to be representing both??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Boardnashea

The Philips Shop and Richer Sounds are sister stores hence we share this part of Boards

I'm based in The Philips Shop and we are located in Dublin - we specialize in all things Philips!
    Richer Sounds are based in Befast and carry a wide range of Audio and Video products by many manufactures - they are an aladdins cave of AV:)

I pretty much look after The Philips Shop side of things here and Dave looks after Richer Sounds.

Hope that helps!

atb
    Ash

Hi Folks

I have a price drop update on the new Philips 7 Series TV Range.

The 7606 range will be available in the following screen sizes
    32PFL7406H will now sell for €699.99
    32PFL7606H will now sell for €799.99
    42PFL7606H will now sell for €999.99
    47PFL7606H will now sell for €1299.99

I've seen these in action yesterday at the trade show and they look fantastic:)

atb
    Ash

Hi Folks

I now have the 47PFL7606H and 32PFL7406H both instock and on display

We are running the a 3D demo on the new 47PFL7606H" in our demo room
    This is one of the new range of Philips EASY 3D TV's and uses PASSIVE 3D tech (rather than the ACTIVE type as used on the 8 and 9 series TV's)
    The EASY 3D TV's come with two pairs of glasses in the box and we will be stocking them to sell as well shortly- price not confirmed but they will be alot cheaper than the Active Shutter types.

Call in and check out the demo for yourselves - bring in your favourite film on Blu-Ray and I'll happily run that for you.
    As mentioned before our EASY 3D TV's will be in 32", 42", 47" & 50" Screen sizes - so no worries about finding a suitable screen amoungst that lot!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Hi Ash,

Do you have a PS3 hooked up to the display models? I'm looking for a 3d tv primarily for gaming and am curious to see what the passive 3d quality is like give that it halves the effective resolution to 540 lines per eye right? Is there noticable input lag on the 7 series? How good is the overall 3d effect compared to the active models?

Would I be better off with an active shutter display for gaming? Just wondering what your opinion is on any of the philips 3d tvs. I might try get in for a demo over the weekend

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Kenny,

Unfortunately we don't have a PS3 in the store to demo the set to you. I have regular BD 3d demo's that I'll be more than happy to run you through on the passive 7000 series. We don't have the active shutter series TV's in stock at the moment but if you want to hang on to see both in action send me your name and number and I can give you a buzz to organise something as soon as they come in.

In the meantime if you wanted to try out your PS3 in our store with the 7000 series I can set it up for you no bother on the weekend if you're in town. Or anytime during the week that suits you.

Let me know how this suits you.

Thanks a mil. Nicola. :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.