Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Scotland?

• 18-08-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

So I'm off to Scotland (Edinburgh) for uni in 2 weeks! (:eek:) Anyone else heading that way?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Good luck if it's your first time on your own, you'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

joshrogan wrote: »

I don't know anybody going so I'm scared shítless... :( Fact I'm moving in 2 weeks is also sooo scary!

Hopefully in 6 weeks time I'll be settled in and loving it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Glasgow :D

You don't need luck, it's going to be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

lived in edinburgh, now living in glasgow. both cities are epic. you'll love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

oooo you got it!! congrats:) I take it the phone call wasn't necessary?

I think I'm off to London, but not til 1st October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

may i ask how ye can afford it?

i really wanted to go but i'm stuck at home for the next few years.:(

may i ask how ye can afford it?

i really wanted to go but i'm stuck at home for the next few years.:(

I don't see it being any more expensive than moving to Galway or Dublin.

I get all my fees covered (as would all Irish people afaik) but as I lived in the UK for 10 years (or it could be 'cause my dad is Northern Irish) I am eligible for some grants and loans from the Scottish Government (don't know how much yet as I can't apply yet).

luciemc wrote: »
    oooo you got it!! congrats:) I take it the phone call wasn't necessary?

I think I'm off to London, but not til 1st October!

Nope, I phoned up and they were like 'Oh, we've already decided to accept you. I'm sorry Track didn't update it yet but it should do by tomorrow'.. I then thanked her like a million and one times, hung up and cried! :D :P

1st October?! Ages away! :P Good luck with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I don't see it being any more expensive than moving to Galway or Dublin.

I get all my fees covered (as would all Irish people afaik) but as I lived in the UK for 10 years (or it could be 'cause my dad is Northern Irish) I am eligible for some grants and loans from the Scottish Government (don't know how much yet as I can't apply yet).

Oh right, well good luck with it! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. Much better than being stuck at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

So I'm off to Scotland (Edinburgh) for uni in 2 weeks! (:eek:) Anyone else heading that way?! :)

Yes, but to St Andrews rather than Edinburgh, might see you on the plane to Edinburgh though. :p 2 weeks?! :eek: Mine doesn't start until mid-late September!

Violafy wrote: »
    Yes, but to St Andrews rather than Edinburgh, might see you on the plane to Edinburgh though. :p 2 weeks?! :eek: Mine doesn't start until mid-late September!

Plane? Ha! Dad is renting out a bigger car or a van to fit all my stuff and we're getting the ferry across from Belfast or somewhere! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

Not going to Scotland, I'm off to London though so I know how you must be feeling at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

Yup Yup, going to Edinburgh Napier University end of next week...flying over on the saturday and starting on the monday, and I've never been there before so the first week should be a disaster!!

Also don't know anyone but have travelled on my own before and usually its grand, and i've only heard great things about Edinburgh (nice people, great social life, cheap to live etc) so im sure it'll be ggrrrrrrrrreaaaaaattttt (insert bad scottish accent here..)

The main thing is im really happy to be getting out of Ireland for something positive (education, future career etc) but its also near enough that I can pop back home in an emergency or for a friends birthday...

I was so relieved about the fees situation, I only qualify for my college fees but thats still a big help...actually they haven't approved me yet, still waiting to hear back from the SAAS but I rang them and they said it will be done in time.

Good luck to ya!

You all seem to be going very early. :eek: Do your courses actually start then or do you just want to get used to the place? I can't move into accommodation until the 17th or something, so I think I (and most other people in my Uni by the looks of things) are just travelling there on the day! Quite nervous now, but excited too, to be making a fresh start. :)

You all seem to be going very early. :eek: Do your courses actually start then or do you just want to get used to the place? I can't move into accommodation until the 17th or something, so I think I (and most other people in my Uni by the looks of things) are just travelling there on the day! Quite nervous now, but excited too, to be making a fresh start. :)

I move into my accommodation on the 3rd, the day Freshers start. Lectures start the 12th. I know it seems early but lectures aren't for a few weeks so it's not too soon?

I'm finding it really hard to get excited! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

A girl in my class is going to the University of Glasgow, I'm totally calling over some weekend :)

I move into my accommodation on the 3rd, the day Freshers start. Lectures start the 12th. I know it seems early but lectures aren't for a few weeks so it's not too soon?

I'm finding it really hard to get excited! :(

I suppose. It seems ages away now, but I'm sure I'll have left home before I know it. :eek: Do you know anyone else going?

I suppose. It seems ages away now, but I'm sure I'll have left home before I know it. :eek: Do you know anyone else going?

Yeah, I've my grad Friday, then I'm gone next Wednesday so it's all so soon! :eek:

Nope, going all on my own! Makes it even more scary like!

Yeah, I've my grad Friday, then I'm gone next Wednesday so it's all so soon! :eek:

Nope, going all on my own! Makes it even more scary like!

Ahh same, I know absolutely no one! Btw, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/ has a forum/board for every University in the UK if you want to get to know a few people beforehand and avoid heading *completely* into the unknown.

• Advertisement

Ahh same, I know absolutely no one! Btw, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/ has a forum/board for every University in the UK if you want to get to know a few people beforehand and avoid heading *completely* into the unknown.

Yeah I joined TSR before but I didn't like it! I prefer boards! :o :P Thanks though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

Yeah I guess...I had it in my head that university starts on the 5th of september but then I realised thats just fresher week but Im still flying over on the 3rd...I just wanna have a few days to get my sh!t together and settle in.

Either that or i'll just be super early for all my classes :D I'm hoping to actually turn up to all my classes this time and be a good little swot, so I guess start as I mean to go on..

I will not drop out this time....I will not drop out this time...I will not drop out this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I start the 19th... and my freshers is 2 weeks long :eek::D;)

Advertisement