Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Asterix Signs

Options
  • 18-08-2011 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I was gonna post this in the Dublin Forum but technically it involves part of Wicklow too...

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed these signs around the place? Was up around the Sally Gap area earlier in the week and while driving along on the narrow mountain roads we noticed these small rectangular signs, not much bigger than the palm of your hand, with one end made into an arrow. There was nothing printed on these signs except a blue asterix.

We also noticed at one point what looked like a halting site.... but on further inspection it looked more like a film crew were stationed there. Now the signs and the film crew have to be connected...

Thought nothing else of it, but then when driving through Dublin City yesterday noticed these small signs again. They were pointing in the direction we were travelling, first noticed them on Pearse Street, they were pointing up Pearse St. towards the quays, and then across the Liffey & up Gardener St.

They pointed past Mountjoy Square, towards Dorset St. and then up towards Drumcondra. Didn't go that direction so don't know were they went after that. They were just randomly attached to lamp posts, road signs etc.

Anyone know what these are for? Directions for a film crew that are based in the Wicklow mountains back to the airport perhaps? If that was the case though surely they'd just go towards the M50 instead of through town... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

they are windows into alternate dimensions.
    try the 'east' forum

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

I'm confused. Do these signs actually have a blue picture of Asterix, the comic-book character? Or do you just mean they are marked with a blue asterisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Directions for a film crew that are based in the Wicklow mountains back to the airport perhaps?
    No, they'd typically be directions towards filming locations. For obvious reasons they generally use a symbol rather than the name of the movie.

Since Gerard Depardieu has been famously en route to Ireland recently, my guess is that they are filming this, hence the asterisk on the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

They are meant to be beginning filming on the new Asterix film next week, if Gerard Depardieu makes it to Ireland...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8709223/Gerard-Depardieus-plane-incident-down-to-prostate-problems.html

EDIT: Never mind....so beaten to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

ferretone wrote: »
    I'm confused. Do these signs actually have a blue picture of Asterix, the comic-book character? Or do you just mean they are marked with a blue asterisk?

Apologies for the spelling error. But thanks so much for pointing it out to me without coming across as a sarcastic cnut. :rolleyes:
    seamus wrote: »
    No, they'd typically be directions towards filming locations. For obvious reasons they generally use a symbol rather than the name of the movie.

Since Gerard Depardieu has been famously en route to Ireland recently, my guess is that they are filming this, hence the asterisk on the signs.

Maybe! Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement