If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV recomendation

Options
  • 18-08-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting a new TV for the bedroom that will be mainly used for playing PS3 & watching movies. Also I noticed Samsung have a function in their TVs whereby you can plug in your hard drive and play your movies through the TVs media player. Is it just Samsung that offer this as would like this function on whatever TV I purchase as it would save me having to buy a separate media player.

I'd be looking for a 32" or even 37" with Full HD and my budget would be around the 400 mark. Would ye have anything along them lines??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi S Carnage,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I don't have anything at the moment in that budget and size that would take a external HDD. I do have some models that will take USB sticks though, would this suit??

Check out this Samsung, seen it's bigger brother and it's very impressive:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32d580/sams-le32d580

Also got this lovely new LG LED screen:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/32lv355t/lg-32lv355

They'd be the 2 I'd be looking at, top end of your budget but worth every penny.

Let me know what ya think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have been doing a bit of reading on forums and and am thinking about stretching the budget and getting a 3D TV. What options would you have in say 37 or 40" and would be suitable for PS3 games. Would be thinking of something around the 800 mark. Also how much would delivery be and would these TVs come with glasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

Got a perfect TV for you, would 42" be too big though?? It's the LG 42LW450 priced at £689.95 / €811.70 Little bit over your budget but I'd say the extra 11 Euro would be worth it. Check out the link below for more info.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lw450u/lg-42lw450

Another bonus is 7 pairs of 3D glasses included!!!

Let me know what you think.

Regards.
    Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.