Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beara for C&C

• 18-08-2011 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A few more shots for C&C. Spent a few days down around the Beara Peninsula and took a few quick snaps when out driving. Not sure how well they work..

6055717783_e4c399295a_z.jpg
    On the edge of Beara - looking out to Inishfarnard

6056109234_da21d73242_z.jpg
    Beara Cairn

6055511875_d8e00875f2_z.jpg
    Caha Pass (Superb drive even if the weather wasn't the best)

6047310074_85497c128a_z.jpg
    Not strictly Beara but another superb Mountain Road (Priests Leap)

Any C&C greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

great pics! I was on all of those roads myself this week! only diggin through my photos now, will upload in a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

great pics! I was on all of those roads myself this week! only diggin through my photos now, will upload in a bit!

Cheers. Look forward to seeing your photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

paulocon wrote: »
    Hi,

6047310074_85497c128a_z.jpg
    Not strictly Beara but another superb Mountain Road (Priests Leap)

Was this taken using HDR?

bren2002 wrote: »

No bren. Just got amazing conditions up there. Amazingly, it had been misty and raining not long before when I'd been on the top of Knockboy mountain. Took some shots looking the other direction and it was a different day altogether.

Upped the contrast and saturation on the original image and done the levels but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

paulocon wrote: »

No bren. Just got amazing conditions up there. Amazingly, it had been misty and raining not long before when I'd been on the top of Knockboy mountain. Took some shots looking the other direction and it was a different day altogether.

Upped the contrast and saturation on the original image and done the levels but that's about it.

Impressive, proves the rule of always carrying a camera. Conditions like that are rare.

• Advertisement

Impressive, proves the rule of always carrying a camera. Conditions like that are rare.

Absolutely. The thing about the mountains over here is that you can literally get the four seasons in one day. Done a walk in the Mournes last year that took the full day, started in baking sunshine with no wind, had strong gusts later on with heavy rain and then a hail storm before the sun came back out!

Took this one shortly before from the very top of the road (having been soaked coming down off the hill). It's looking the other direction and was a different day altogether.

6041323700_7e4dac5c9e_z.jpg

Advertisement