Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car park fine!!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Right this might have to be in legal but i couldn't find the page plus i read after hours quite a bit so i'll stick it in here

My friend was parked in a car park the other day run by euro park.She had a ticket for her car with a half an hour left but they still clamped her she had arrived just as they finished putting on the clamp and they said it was on now there was nothing they could do about the half hour left on the ticket so she walked to the local garda station and they told her to cut it off, but when they realised her father was coming in with a con saw to do just that they backed tracked and said they never said that.anyway she paid the fine €125 and went about trying to get her money back but was told the ticket was upside down so they wouldn't refund her money has this happened to anyone before and is there a chance of getting her money back,is it even allowed to do that especially after she had paid her ticket fare??

tl/dr half hour left on ticket still clamped no refund of money, ticket upside down
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

AH response? Burn the carpark down.

Or try posting in the appropriate forum that you know it really should be in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

and now you know why the world hates clampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mightyreds wrote: »
    ticket upside down

See there's your problem right there. It's like doing GOBs version of a chicken dance in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Right this might have to be in legal but i couldn't find the page plus i read after hours quite a bit so i'll stick it in here

My friend was parked in a car park the other day run by euro park.She had a ticket for her car with a half an hour left but they still clamped her she had arrived just as they finished putting on the clamp and they said it was on now there was nothing they could do about the half hour left on the ticket so she walked to the local garda station and they told her to cut it off, but when they realised her father was coming in with a con saw to do just that they backed tracked and said they never said that.anyway she paid the fine €125 and went about trying to get her money back but was told the ticket was upside down so they wouldn't refund her money has this happened to anyone before and is there a chance of getting her money back,is it even allowed to do that especially after she had paid her ticket fare??

tl/dr half hour left on ticket still clamped no refund of money, ticket upside down
    as far as im aware if you cut off a private clamp in a car park you can be done for criminal damage. take it to the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

No.
    Heres the Legal Forum and heres the Motor Forum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement