Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vhi Global - Heads Up!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

I've had some interesting dealings with Vhi Healthcare recently about a Global policy I have with them and thought it might be worth sharing in case someone else has had a similar problem...

Back in January my phone and wallet were robbed in Sydney. I reported it to the police and sent in my claim straight away. Obviously my address for correspondence at the time was in Sydney. They rejected my claim on the basis Sydney was my place of residence and the loss and theft cover in the Global policy only applies while you are on a "trip".

After complaining to Vhi (to no avail) I went to the Ombudsman with my complaint. Initially they told me to try resolve it with Vhi, advising me to email them and ask where in the policy the duration of a "trip" is defined and also where it states I have to keep travelling around and could not reside in one place (I had assumed the Global policy covered all my travel on my WHV -no itinerary, wherever it took me...).

Vhi came back to me after reviewing the case and offered the full original settlement if I did not proceed with the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman currently has a wait of 2 months for investigations so I opted to take the payout.

It would sicken me to think Vhi are rejecting similar claims made by other people. In fairness, they have covered the costs of treatment I've had and the range of cover is very good. This incident was really ****ty on their part though.

Anyone have a similar dealing?

Advertisement