Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Communications - books and materials?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Am I gonna need to spend a load of money right at the start to get a load of books and materials or is it fairly spread out? Just want to know so I can save a bit of cash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

You will need sketch books, pens and pencils, the usual art supplies.

With regards to books, there isn't anything in particular that you need, there is a good library there so that should help, just buy books that interest you as you go.

Most important though, leave money aside for printing for the year, it adds up and it will catch up with you if you ignore it. Most of your lecturers will give you advice on stuff at the start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Yes you'll need to buy different materials for different classes but they'll tell you when you start. Not all classes require a huge amount of items, but they'll often give you a list of things you need for certain projects and you can buy them over the weeks that you're working on those projects.

You'll need things like notebooks and a decent USB for saving work on.

I honestly never needed much art supplies, pencils, pens.. sketchpads.. just those sort of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Cool thanks :D

I did a portfolio class last year and got a big list of materials to buy and didn't use half of it! We had to pay €70 for books as well, and opened them maybe twice the whole year. I don't want that to happen again!

Advertisement