Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need reasurance

Options
  • 18-08-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Ok I am 23 years old and for the last 6 months I have been having pain in my breasts, I know that that is a sign of breast cancer but that its not the only sign, I have no idea what to look for when I check myself and the thing that has me concerned is that my aunts have had various types of cancer all my life, I dont know if any of them had breast cancer as cancer is kind o a taboo topic. SO before I go to my gp am I being irrational?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Well, you probably should have it checked out anyway, but I've gone through bouts of breast pain - due to hormonal imbalances, so it's not totally abnormal to get these (growing type) pains, but you can't be sure, it could be just hormonal issues, harmless cysts or something more sinister. Have a look here for instructions, but you should defo have it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Go to your GP, explain the pain and tell him/her that you dont know what to check for when you check them yourself and could he/she do a full check and show you what to be checking for.

I had a GP check mine just a few weeks ago and told her I hadnt a clue what I was checking for!!! Theyre used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok op I'm closing this for now. you really need to see your doctor and get checked out, as well as getting advice on self-examination.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement