Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift free time offer soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I doubt much has. Yes they've released an expansion already, but personally, I just can't work up the excitement for it. I can see this one going the way of APB and Tabula Rasa.

And this is the first time an MMO, to my knowledge, as celebrated a "Half Year Birthday". To me thats a VERRRRYY bad omen for the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I doubt much has. Yes they've released an expansion already, but personally, I just can't work up the excitement for it. I can see this one going the way of APB and Tabula Rasa.

And this is the first time an MMO, to my knowledge, as celebrated a "Half Year Birthday". To me thats a VERRRRYY bad omen for the game.

Im pretty sure there is no expansion yet, plenty of patching but im not aware of any expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Dcully wrote: »
    Im pretty sure there is no expansion yet, plenty of patching but im not aware of any expansion.

Your right yes, it was patched. My mistake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

I believe one of the biggest complaints by the early subber's, was population (lack there of). Free character transfers with that recent patch, so think its a smart enough move to give the early folk a retaste of how things are now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I recently went back after playing for a month or so at launch - some old MMO friends started playing. Got a character almost to 50 now, and I'm enjoying it an awful lot more than I did after launch.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but everyting seems more finely tuned, there's a LFG thingy now, levelling is smooth and of course the gfx are top notch.

I did quit MMOs early this year (again....) after the ongoing class changes in Cataclysm pissed me off for the final time (my main was a mage, Arcane, no Fire, no Arcane etc etc), and I can safely say I'm now enjoying Rift a whole lot more.

By the way, population seems ok on the server I'm on (Blightweald), can't speak for others.

Will be interesting to see what happens when SWTOR comes out - not just for Rift but for other games too.....

• Advertisement

ArthurG wrote: »
    I recently went back after playing for a month or so at launch - some old MMO friends started playing. Got a character almost to 50 now, and I'm enjoying it an awful lot more than I did after launch.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but everyting seems more finely tuned, there's a LFG thingy now, levelling is smooth and of course the gfx are top notch.

I did quit MMOs early this year (again....) after the ongoing class changes in Cataclysm pissed me off for the final time (my main was a mage, Arcane, no Fire, no Arcane etc etc), and I can safely say I'm now enjoying Rift a whole lot more.

By the way, population seems ok on the server I'm on (Blightweald), can't speak for others.

Will be interesting to see what happens when SWTOR comes out - not just for Rift but for other games too.....

Interesting to hear from someone who returned to see whats changed.
    I was gonna sub for a month but ill take advantage of the past subscriber free time first to see whats going on.
    Personally i think both SWTOR and GW2 will take a lot of players from all existing MMOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Being honest, Ill most likely drop Rift (been playing pretty solid for 4-5 months now) for GW2, which looks to be a day one purchase for me

My interest in SWTOR has been shaken a bit from watching the gamescon videos.. dont believe it'll be a day 1 from me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Free game time starts today. Got the email earlier. Not sure i'll bother to be honest.

Free game time starts today. Got the email earlier. Not sure i'll bother to be honest.

Downloading atm, im keen to check out whats changed.
    Really enjoyed the game,might ty get a Defiant to 50, think i have one @ 25 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

I quit playing 2 weeks in and just realised my subs were going for like 5 months almost somehow w/o auto renew as i used a 3v voucher to sub

i would have messed aorund if i knew acc was up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Downloading atm, im keen to check out whats changed.
    Really enjoyed the game,might ty get a Defiant to 50, think i have one @ 25 or so.

One ting I really like is their update servers seem to be blazingly fast - I always max out my 50meg connection when updating which is nice.

ArthurG wrote: »
    One ting I really like is their update servers seem to be blazingly fast - I always max out my 50meg connection when updating which is nice.

I fcuking hate you and your 50 meg :o:o:o, jesus H christ i can only dream of such a connection where i live.
    Im on 3 meg and dloading @ 330kbps which is the best i can hope for on 3 meg.

I was downloading at 3mb last night...just sayin :pac:

I'd actually give this another bash, if it wasn't this week. Deus Ex and Xenoblade are going to be taking up my limited time, and MMO's just aint doing it for me lately.

Just logged in there 20 mins ago and transferred my characters to Blightweald PVE server, such an easy process compared to wow.
    Population certainly seems to be a lot higher,players everywhere, the free time may no doubt be a contributor but great to see nonetheless.

@ Kiith, im trying to hold off from Deus Ex ,between now and Xmas there are 7-8 100% must have games ive preordered, im finding it harder and harder to ignore deus ex though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I fcuking hate you and your 50 meg :o:o:o, jesus H christ i can only dream of such a connection where i live.
    Im on 3 meg and dloading @ 330kbps which is the best i can hope for on 3 meg.

Get a real net connection :p

Took me 45 min to D/L everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Venom wrote: »

On my 100mb connection it took me 15 min to download the game and about 3 min more to patch :)

Venom wrote: »

Trust me if i had a choice other than bog standard eircom , money is no object id have the fastest connection possible mate.

@ Kiith, im trying to hold off from Deus Ex ,between now and Xmas there are 7-8 100% must have games ive preordered, im finding it harder and harder to ignore deus ex though :P

Tell me about it. October and November are going to be crazy on the wallet. The amount of good releases is one of the reason that i'm staying away from any MMO's. Want to take a break from them till The Old Republic, and the try to complete as many of my current backlog as i can. Plus i'll be in the mood for an MMO by then. Was pretty worn out on them recently.

Deus Ex is pretty damn good though. Really enjoyed what i've played, but i'm kind of addicted to Xenoblade on the Wii now, so havent had as much time to play as i'd like. Plan on remedying that this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Downloaded the free trial, kinda disappointed tbh. Pretty much just WOW from what i can tell. Thought I could persevere and give in another few levels until I faced away from a mob mid combat and couldn't attack cause I was facing the wrong way! Grrr, I hate that so much in a game! So annoying! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Not disappointed with this game at all. When i started to level first, just reminded me of WOW but now that im lv50 and raiding you can see what it has to offer. Its like the start of WOW all over again and im hooked!. The only thing i don't like is that they have no decent Dmg meter

Advertisement