Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about Bandon

Options
  • 18-08-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I might have to do a bit of work in Bandon in the not to distant future can anyone give any info on wheres good to stay/live, whats to do/ is there a gym/cinema etc. many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

There is a gym, no cinema you have to go to Clonakillty or Cork. The only hotel is the Munster Arms, there is a B + B up Kilbrogan Hill, Castle road and surounding area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

few nice pubs in the town, nothing too major. few nice places to eat aswell. week nights tend to be fairly quiet being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

jayboi wrote: »
    I might have to do a bit of work in Bandon in the not to distant future can anyone give any info on wheres good to stay/live, whats to do/ is there a gym/cinema etc. many thanks in advance.

To be honest, I'd recommend staying in Clonakilty instead of Bandon, they're only 10 -15 mins drive apart. There's plenty of pubs, a cinema, a couple of very good gyms (e.g. www.f1fitnesscentre.com), it's close to the beach and there's always something to do. In comparison to Bandon....there is no comparison :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Bandon's strengths would be its shopping and the large selection of restaurants / eateries that it has. Quiet on weeknights and Saturday nights can get a bit lairy :D

If you were looking to rent there's a few newer estates around, for example this general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Only good thing in Bandon is the poachers inn, unless your shopping for a car. Nighlife is rough and most people tend to go out in clonakilty / cork / kinsale.
    The best of a very bad lot of pubs is the Kilbrogan something or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Daisy2010

Hi,
    Rough Bandon??? I don't want to start slagging match but definately of the places mentioned above Bandon would be least rough of the lot. To be honest unless you're a teenager or troublemaker none of these are rough.

Bandon is a lovely town. Pubs are grand. Poachers is gorgeous for food but not a lively going out pub. The Brogan would be a livlier spot.

Gym is good, no pool. No cinema. Cinema in Clon not great. People tend go into city for decent cinema and livlier nitelife.

Loads of choices to rent. Kilbrogan Inn is nice.
    I

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rockyb23

I live in Bandon, find it a grand town and not rough at all - but I don't go out in the town.

I work in the city so it's a handy commute, but if I was being honest I think Clon might be better for amenities/nightlife/proximity to the beach.

Bandon has just taken a hit with the closure of one of the town's best restaurants... :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xgrainnsx

hi! im doing a marketing project on bandon at the minute! its proving pretty difficult! the flooding is a real drawback to the town, but the council are really starting to work hard to improve it, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

A big problem for business in Bandon are the parking charges, its really killed the town centre. People seem to just use the shopping centre or make a trip to clon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

Balmed Out wrote: »
    A big problem for business in Bandon are the parking charges, its really killed the town centre. People seem to just use the shopping centre or make a trip to clon instead.

I'm not a fan of the SC either, I thought it was overkill at the time and it has disrupted the whole dynamic of the town. Any new retail coming to Bandon goes to the SC so there's a lack of footfall in South Main Street for the more established businesses and new ones can struggle. Paid parking certinaly hasn't helped - there's loads of space for parking in Bandon, no sense to charge for it.

There should be a coherent strategy for making use of available retail space for starters. Maybe late opening in Thurs/ Friday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,137 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Passed through earlier today and Garda Technical Bureau and Gardai everywhere shocking stuff what happened down there :eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

Eh two murders? Have you not noticed it all over the news!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I knew Dukey, His Mum's neighbours are friends of mine, I know the accused man too, Must have been some crazy carry on for all this madness to happen. Dukey was a nice bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I don't think jp Liz was asking what happened.... Just saying it was shocking what happened there...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,137 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I know

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

I recognised that woman accused as one of the infamous O'Connors from Kinsale.
    Remember her around the town off her head on E whilst she was pregnant.
    Classy lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

celj wrote: »
    I recognised that woman accused as one of the infamous O'Connors from Kinsale.
    Remember her around the town off her head on E whilst she was pregnant.
    Classy lady.

Tattoo on her cheek of all places, She must be stone mad..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

This about her lovely brother:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/kfqlsnkfidsn/#ixzz1dsXs62vs

What a wonderful family.Christmas day in their house must be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

poor Jukey

Advertisement