Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floorboards!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey all,

I've recently purchased a house and i want to replace the existing carpet in the living room with floorboards.

I've done alittle shopping around to see what kind of floorboards are out there, i'm not liking the idea of laminate, so i'm thinking of going for solid/semi-solid boards.

From what i can see there isn't many companies out there supplying the solids/semi-solids floor's, as it's nearly all laminate!

BTW i'm looking for a company in Cork City or Surrounds!

I'm looking for some advice on companies that do them and what other people have thought of workmanship etc.

Appreciate any replies, thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Brooks, Pouladuff, Togher, are very good for all sorts of floorboards. They also have a list of fitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I don't know the name but there is a joinery in St Patricks MIlls (I think thats the name anyway) - the commercial complex that is behind Dinos chipper in Douglas. They make the solid floor thats glued to plywood. - Benefits of laminate ie easy to fit with real timber.

If its an old house would you think of stripping and revarnishing the existing floorboards? Careys tool hire rent out large sanding machines by the day.

A third option is to google Cork architectural salvage yards, I know there is one in Waterfall, out past Bishopstown but not exactly where it is, and put down full timber floor boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

MD O'Sheas have a very good choice, display is better laid out compared to Brooks, much larger area, can't remember who worked out cheaper though

prices were in sq.yd instead of sq.m which annoys me a bit

for semi solid and solid they seemed to be the best two places I found

Advertisement