Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

frame swop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

What do you mean by one frame going on to the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

basically want to swop my frame for his. his is a different size frame , a 56 while mine is a 54. just wanted to make sure that the larger frame will fit onto my bike

I assume you are asking if you will fit his bike and if he will fit your bike. Answer: best to ride them and find out. Usually you can go a size up or down and be OK. It's all down to personal preference.

Raam wrote: »
    I assume you are asking if you will fit his bike and if he will fit your bike. Answer: best to ride them and find out. Usually you can go a size up or down and be OK. It's all down to personal preference.

ye was thinking the same . just thought with the different brand names there might have been some complications.

tnx raam

I'm not sure if I am missing something here. What complications are you thinking of? Are you just giving him your bike and taking his? Is that it?

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I am missing something here. What complications are you thinking of? Are you just giving him your bike and taking his? Is that it?

no we are swopping frames only. i am taking his frame , a 56 size frame and he will be getting mine , a 54 in size .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

If you are wondering if the parts will fit: saddle, handlebars, gears, etc, then yes. Never did it, but there should be no (or not many) problems swapping them over.

There could be issues with the front derailluer. Yours might be braze on and his band on. Check BB also and seat post size. I guess it all depends on which bits n bobs you wanna keep.

dermiek wrote: »
    If you are wondering if the parts will fit: saddle, handlebars, gears, etc, then yes. Never did it, but there should be no (or not many) problems swapping them over.

yes should have made that clearer. yes just want to make sure the frame will fit the parts

tnx deriak

Advertisement