Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

SATA600 HDD over SATA300 maybe? once you have the connection on mobo..

PSU is good np but somehow too.. cheap tbh.. wouldn't rely on 550W 80plus but more like 80plus bronze and even 600W.. you would have pci wifi card and maybe few USB devices connected soo..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

freestyla wrote: »
    SATA600 HDD over SATA300 maybe? once you have the connection on mobo..

PSU is good np but somehow too.. cheap tbh.. wouldn't rely on 550W 80plus but more like 80plus bronze and even 600W.. you would have pci wifi card and maybe few USB devices connected soo..

If you are recommending a SATA 6GB/s mechanical hard drive :pac:. Mechanical hard drives can't even saturate a normal SATA connection, its just a marketing gimmick. Its only the top end SSDs that can actually make use of SATA 6GB/s

The PSU is more than enough for a single 6950. Its 80+ Bronze, and you shouldn't judge PSUs by the 80+ rating anyway.

deconduo wrote: »
    If you are recommending a SATA 6GB/s mechanical hard drive :pac:. Mechanical hard drives can't even saturate a normal SATA connection, its just a marketing gimmick. Its only the top end SSDs that can actually make use of SATA 6GB/s

The PSU is more than enough for a single 6950. Its 80+ Bronze, and you shouldn't judge PSUs by the 80+ rating anyway.

You are right what comes to mechanical drive performance related to SATA ports. however SATA600 is the same price than SATA300 drive so I would go for it just because I can tell everyone I have the latest technology :P :pac: Unless SATA600 support causes probs on mechanical drives?

800eur build and only 6% of that spent on PSU which is the most important component which starts and keeps system running? just simply doesn't seem right... I do keep 80plus rating as very very important measure of quality. This Super-Flower is OK if it's bronze.

In last 4 yrs I had 1 person with failed PSU (and that PC was in transport so maybe some stress happened there). I've also got many old builds (7-8 yrs old) up with new 80plus PSU and they re still running and smoother than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Is the financing/factoring over months offer available to residence of Ireland and if so how do you do it.

joshrogan wrote: »
    Is the financing/factoring over months offer available to residence of Ireland and if so how do you do it.

Me too was aiming for finance actually but at the end of buying process, I couldn't choose that option anywhere. Dunno if someone else was able to have it from Ireland

Advertisement