Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phones in the phoenix park

Options
  • 18-08-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

I cycle or walk around the phoenix park regularly and i have noticed that any time i am around the vicinity of the american residence,My mobile phone has severe interference :confused: Any body else that go that way have the same problem or do i need a new phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You might get some interesting replies in the CT forum... :eek: :D

They might have some type of jamming system in operation for security reasons.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thats what i was thinking, :) And going by the responces here it must be only me, ;) I always knew the CIA were on to me.:o or should that be CIE:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, I lose coverage every day driving through there from about the zoo up to the OS roundabout. I hadn't thought that it was anything to do with the US ambassador, i just presumed it was a blackspot as there are no towers close by. I wonder does Mary have any problems with coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

There is actually a mast disguised as a tree about 100 mts away on Furze Road on the left side.

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    There is actually a mast disguised as a tree about 100 meters away

Are you sure that's not this company http:// three.ie/ :D:p

Seriously where love to see it.

• Advertisement

Drive up the main road past the ambassadors residence towards Castleknock_Take a left turn after the residence onto Furze Road-This road is closed off halfway up.Just before the barriers look over to the left and you will see it in amongst the other t(h)rees.

Of course if your driving in the opposite direction ie from Castleknock -just read my directions backwa:D:Drds

Thanks phoenix3 will check that out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

realies wrote: »
    Thats what i was thinking, :) And going by the responces here it must be only me, ;) I always knew the CIA were on to me.:o or should that be CIE:confused::confused:

I think I missed the joke, why would it be CIE? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You're reading too much into it

Just a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Those Tree Masts are pretty cool I think. A mate of mine in westmeath always points one near his house out. Apparently they're just meant to look like less of an eyesore, which is a great idea. Except I cant help but stare at it since I was told about it. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This thread needs to go to conspiracy theories forum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I'm sorry i disappoint you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭davetherave

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

If you look there, you can see all of the phone masts around the country.
    There is no shortage of them in the park, so maybe you are on to something :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's only the ambassador's house, it's not the embassy (where there is no problem with coverage nearby by the way) so I don't think it has anything to do with there

I'm sorry i disappoint you :pac:

Judging by your user name I think you know more than you are telling us?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Drive up the main road past the ambassadors residence towards Castleknock_Take a left turn after the residence onto Furze Road-This road is closed off halfway up.Just before the barriers look over to the left and you will see it in amongst the other t(h)rees.

Of course if your driving in the opposite direction ie from Castleknock -just read my directions backwa:D:Drds
    realies wrote: »
    Thanks phoenix3 will check that out .

Here it is.. I've highlighted the mast.

Thanks, seen it the other day after looking forever.

Advertisement