Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Change starts today...

Options
  • 18-08-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I began donating platelets today, (But that's another story) you have to meet a certain height and weight before you can donate. I'm not an overly tall guy standing proud at 172cm and I got a little shock when I tipped the scales at 83.5kg (184lbs or 13St 2lbs). Now I'm not blind to my weight or anything, I knew all along that I have love handles that could do with disappearing but this genuinely caught me off guard.

So when I got home I was sitting down having forgot about my upset earlier drinking a can of coke when I looked out the window and saw people going into the leisure centre across the road and thought I needed to be like them.

So I got up off my ass and marched in there and got signed up for a fantastic offer €99 for 99 days. Not letting any of those days get by me I went back to my place for a while rested up and then went across and organised my assessment and from there I will get a plan made out.

After that I hopped on the threadmill and ran 8k which I was happy with and I'm going to go across before work in the morning tomorrow and have another run before the day starts.

I'm pumped and ready to lose the weight!

Advertisement