Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of installing central heating

Options
  • 18-08-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I know the variables are probably immeasurable but I was hoping someone would give me a guess-timate as to how much it would cost to install (oil) central heating in an old 4 bed bungalow that's about 500 square feet in size?
    I'm just looking for a rough figure - ballpark!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

4 bed bungalow that's about 500 square feet in size?
    :eek:

I think you may have got that bit wrong ;)

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Thanks for the move.

Too small?!
    I think I mean 500 sq meters?

Entrance (4.75m x 1.85m)
    Corridor (4.5m x 1m)
    Living Room (3.75m x 5m)
    Kitchen/Dining (3.5m x 4m)
    Bedroom (2.80m x 3.5m)
    Bedroom (3.5m x 2.75m)
    Bedroom (4.5m x 3.10m)
    Bedroom (3.85m x 3.0m)
    Bath (2.5m x 2m)
    Utility Room (2.75m x 2m)
    Attached Garage (5m x 5.5m)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Thanks for the move.

Too small?!
    I think I mean 500 sq meters?

Entrance (4.75m x 1.85m)
    Corridor (4.5m x 1m)
    Living Room (3.75m x 5m)
    Kitchen/Dining (3.5m x 4m)
    Bedroom (2.80m x 3.5m)
    Bedroom (3.5m x 2.75m)
    Bedroom (4.5m x 3.10m)
    Bedroom (3.85m x 3.0m)
    Bath (2.5m x 2m)
    Utility Room (2.75m x 2m)
    Attached Garage (5m x 5.5m)
    lets ignore your floor area calculation..
    maybe you could give a bit more detail, is this a bungalow or semi-d? is there any heating at the moment? etc, are there concrete floors etc is there an oil tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

If you have no central heating system at present. Rads (approx 10) and condensing boiler inc materials.Can range from 4000 to 8000 euro approx.
    If you have central heating and changing from solid fuel to oil for example. Between 1800 and 3000 approx.

Above estimate depends on boiler location and materials used. If your in Dublin or Cork. I know a company who will assess your property and detail the best system and materials to use to suit your budget.
    From my experience people get a couple of quotes . But quotes are based on different plumbers materials and a difference in the service they are providing.At least if you have a detailed scope of work and materials and have a guide for your budget. All quotes you recieve then are for the exact same service and you know what to expect to pay and know the real savings differnce between quotes.

If you require. They will also inspect the work during and after completion to make sure all works are completed to a satisfactory level. Great service if your building a house or getting plumbing and heating work done yourself and have no experience in that field of expertise. As many an unfortunate person will tell you. Bad plumbers can cost you a fortune .So could be money well spent for piece of mind. If you want their number PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Thanks for the replies.

It's a detatched 4 bed bungalow of approx 100 m sq?! No existing central heating.

I'm clueless (obviously), but am lucky to have family that will help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement