Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpet moths - home remedy or pest control at this stage?

• 18-08-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Bloody hell, have just discovered carpet moths (not knowing what they were til searching this forum). I had noticed a few moths about my living room but it didn;t bother me til I was looking up mothballs to repel cats and disovered this. Got a bit anxious and checked my carpet properly, under furniture, dark corners where I can admitedly be hoover-lazy and THERE! 2 areas where there are HOLES in my carpet!! Bloody new-enough and very dear carpet! Ihave just hoovered the entire room and yes, lots of the buggers. I really don't want to lose my carpet if possible. I can move furniture to cover the 2 holes. Should I get pest control in? Or is it worth trying to hoover and check like crazy for a week or 2 and use mothballs or whatever it takes and hope that they go? Or is it too bad now??? SOOO depressed and feeling VERY silly for not noticing. I had only noticed the moths this summer but had no clue and as said, didn't think they were any harm - DUH!!! :mad:

Advertisement