Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD burning problems!!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am currently using Pinnacle studio 14 to edit video recordings the laptop I use is a dell vostro with i5 processor.

The issue I have is that after burning some of the dvd will skip or stop/jam when playing. I have tried both dvd +r and -r and different write speeds within pinnacle but found no difference.

Most of the dvds are fine but it is unclear if they are ok or not unless I test them all in a dvd player afterwards.

Has anyone any tip/recommendations on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The only thing I would recommend is to go into the settings on your burning software and set the burn speed to the lowest setting, and use the option (if it exists) to verify the disk after burning.

Also, some DVD's can have dodgy batches.
    Years ago, I always used to use TDK audio cassettes for recording, but I've found their DVD-R's to be very poor quality - out of a batch of 50, at least 12 of them started skipping. I find Verbatim fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try a different program like cdburnerxppro.se

don't have a milliong things running in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

dilallio wrote: »
    The only thing I would recommend is to go into the settings on your burning software and set the burn speed to the lowest setting, and use the option (if it exists) to verify the disk after burning.

Also, some DVD's can have dodgy batches.
    Years ago, I always used to use TDK audio cassettes for recording, but I've found their DVD-R's to be very poor quality - out of a batch of 50, at least 12 of them started skipping. I find Verbatim fine.

I have been using TDK +R and some from Tesco (not sure the type) I have tried the setting at the lowest which is improves the problem but still a few fail. I will try Verbatim next.

try a different program like cdburnerxppro.se

don't have a milliong things running in the background

To use this will I have to save the recording as a file first?
    Normally dont have much else running until it is finished but will make sure going forward

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does your DVD Burner have the latest firmware installed? Also what DVD Burner do you have? Some of them are very finicky when it comes to cheaper media although TDK is classed as A grade media here. I'd reccomend burning at half the media speed, e.g 16x media at 8x, 8x at 4x etc. Also updating drive firmware and closing anything that is open before burning/not using the computer while burning.
    Also as its a laptop do not move the machine when burning, place it on a flat table and leave it alone,

Nick

• Advertisement

Thanks all - I will have a look at these suggestions and see how I get on

Advertisement