Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

set up mail on iphone?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with setting up their UL email on their iphone?? I'm having trouble getting the settings etc. to work!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Hey, the way I got around this was by using my Gmail account.

I have all my mail, including my UL email directed to Gmail, and this can then be easily read in the iPhone mailbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Thanks for the tip! Just one question for you as I have never re-directed mail before, if I go to reply to an email on my iphone then that has been sent to my UL account, will it be sent from my UL account, or will it be sent from my gmail account ?

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

See attached screenshot- password is as you would expect, same as logging in on your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Yeah, but that PDF says it only supports Blackberry's not iPhones, but maybe it'll work anyway. And yes, if you recieve an email addressed to your UL email, if you reply it will be sent through your UL address (via Gmail). This is the way it runs for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Thanks everyone! Thats great to know about the re-directing!
    I actually just found a tutorial through outlook.com that showed me how to set it up on my iphone but thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The settings that worked for me on my iPod touch 4th Gen

"Exchange Server"

Email: IDNUMBER@studentmail.ul.ie
    Domain:
    Username: IDNUMBER@studentmail.ul.ie
    Password: YOURPASSWORD
    Description: UL

Hit next

Server: m.outlook.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I like my droid