Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ineligible for council housing.

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My mum and I received a letter this morning saying we have been considered as ineligible for council housing and removed from the list.

This has all come out of the blue, as earlier this year we had actually been offered a 3 bedroom house. However, as my sister had moved out, we were unable to except it and were instead placed on the list as requiring a 2 bedroom house.

Annoyingly, whoever my mum had been in contact with had all but promised us an apartment in a certain area (which I'm sure she had no right to do) and as of a few months ago we had been informed that we were as high as sixth or possibly fourth on the list (I can't remember which).

Then this bombshell drops this morning. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is anyone aware as to why all of a sudden we would no longer meet the criteria for council housing?

I know my mum has been busy all day trying to contact people as to what is going on, but I know that calling and e-mailing people can be fruitless and frustrating, so I'm just hoping that someone on here has any advice.

(also, apologies if this is the wrong forum to be posting in, seemed to be the most suitable one I came across)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I would suggest going to your local office
    http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/services/citizens/citizens_centres.html

They are extremely helpful and will know the different procedures and can make calls on your behalf

Just so we're sure, you didn't reject the three bed?

And you are correct, promises mean very little and should be disregarded

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PolarBearClub

Thanks very much for that.

No, definitely didn't reject it. It had been me, my mum and my sister when we were originally placed on the housing list. But when the offer was made my sister had moved out, so they told us we would not be eligible for a 3 bedroom house and would have to be considered for a 2 bedroom instead.

Advertisement