Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male and female population in UL?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was talking to some current UL students and one of them had kept saying it was over populated with boys ...... im not too sure myself because i dont go there but can anyone from UL confirm that there is or do ye think what he said was wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

It's an important factor when considering a university. But no, I've been here for 4 years and I have never considered it to be over populated. I think it's split right down the 50/50 centreline.

Having said that, you're class may be extremely one sided in representation of the sexes. For example, I just finished mechanical engineering, and there was one girl in the entire mechanical engineering class, the rest of us all being very manly men. However, I did fall asleep one day in a lecture, woke up in a psychology lecture and that had a large female population. So your main college experience in terms of the sexes will depend on your course, but overall, it's not as if UL is over run with boys or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I imagine it's 50/50. There are plenty of lovely girls around anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

PESS building...Lad & tracksuit center :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

I lived in plassey and it was at least 80% lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

I'd say there could be more guys? Not sure though, then again there is the whole nursing/dancing side which would be predominantley female aright - I dunno, but there are a large population of cracking girls so you shant worry!! =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

North campus is definitely more female for obvious reasons.

As for student accommodation, from my experience at parties etc plassey was more male while the likes of cappa were more female, the rest were 50/50.

The Uni as a whole though, well with such large courses like business having more females (65% maybe) and all the languages it's hard to tell.

I've heard so many people say its more of a male uni but not in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Plenty of girls around the place anyway.

Giggidy.

Advertisement