Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Calendar for Win Mobile 6.5??

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I am running Win Mobile 6.5 and the calendar feature is sh1te by comparison with my old trusty nokia. I used to find this very beneficial -as I could just tab back through previous dates - to find when I made a record of X occuring, had an appointment with Y, etc. However, when doing this with the standard calendar on Win Mobile 6.5, I check by month - and it shows the dates that an entry has been made - when I select this - I can't back one step out - it makes me get out of the calendar altogether -and so I have to go back in each time - and check each calendar entry until I find what I'm looking for.

Is there an alternative available that overcomes this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Sync your calendar with outlook or hotmail or whatever your using. Then you always have a record.
    BTW I moved from 6.5 to WP7 this week and I can't say enough good things about it...

You should do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

obriea3 wrote: »
    BTW I moved from 6.5 to WP7 this week and I can't say enough good things about it...

You should do the same!
    Thanks for that - I guess that's the most practical step to take. Is that straightforward to do? Do I need to back-up data? Phone is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Thanks for that - I guess that's the most practical step to take. Is that straightforward to do? Do I need to back-up data? Phone is unlocked.
    Sorry I should have been more specific. I was using 6.5 on a HTC hd2 but got offered a free Samsung Omnia 7 with WP7 already installed

I know you can put WP7 on older devices but I had a bad experience with custom ROMs and don't do it anymore.
    There are others on here doing it though just put up a post asking for help.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks - will do exactly that.

Advertisement