Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side footy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Maybe add a poll to the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

I'd prefer Mondays myself.Someone make a decision :D
    I'd prefer Mondays too, a poll should be added and take the vote from there if everyone agrees to it, I think Shano88 and TestTransmission should have more of a say than the rest of us since they are the ones trying to get this up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

damoth wrote: »
    I can play any evening except Friday.

Same as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd prefer Mondays too, a poll should be added and take the vote from there if everyone agrees to it, I think Shano88 and TestTransmission should have more of a say than the rest of us since they are the ones trying to get this up and running.

nah,thats alrite.I'm just helping the game to get moving,I can play either night but Mondays worked well before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

So can someone who knows what they are doing add a poll ?

Shane - if you are booking - you might see if we can use the deposit we left the last time :-)

Its was in my name at the end, i think.

• Advertisement

Any word on what's going on with this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll keep maintaining the Social Group for this*, but I'll be taking a back-seat in the organisation of the games themselves this time around. My focus for the next six months is on jujitsu. :cool:

(* PM me if you'd like to be added)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

If anyone is starting a game in LIT I'd be very interested...Free nearly all the time, joys of being unemployed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

I've booked Delta for 8pm Monday - will set up sign up sheet around lunch time.

Will see how that day/time works for this week...

I've booked Delta for 8pm Monday - will set up sign up sheet around lunch time.

Will see how that day/time works for this week...
    Can I put my name down now as I have to go to work soon and wont have access to a computer?

1. Andrewh1984

• Advertisement

No problem Andrew.

I've created a new thread for signup here. Let's hope there's enough interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

sign me up aswell.. what day did u say it was monday 7/8 is it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sign me up aswell.. what day did u say it was monday 7/8 is it?

I've put your name on the list in the Sign-Up thread.

Details for everyone:

Delta Soccer Dome, tomorrow (Monday) at 20:00. Cost is €6 per person playing. Be there five or ten minutes early so we can start on time and get the full 60 minutes.

sorry im after missing it is it on next monday aswell

can u not change the day to tuesday, thursday or saturaday?

can u not change the day to tuesday, thursday or saturaday?

Why?We had ten signed up for Monday sure.

sorry im after missing it is it on next monday aswell

You had signed up to play and didnt show up. If you had said you were not going to be able to make it we could have got someone else to take your place...

1. We started late because we were waiting for you.
    2. Some of the guys had to pay extra to make up your share of the cost.
    3. Being a player short completely ruins the game!!!

To be honest, I think it's best that you don't sign up to play again unless you are 100% sure you will make it - we'll be sticking to playing on Monday's as that worked well last year and suits the majority of people.

You had signed up to play and didnt show up. If you had said you were not going to be able to make it we could have got someone else to take your place...

1. We started late because we were waiting for you.
    2. Some of the guys had to pay extra to make up your share of the cost.
    3. Being a player short completely ruins the game!!!

To be honest, I think it's best that you don't sign up to play again unless you are 100% sure you will make it - we'll be sticking to playing on Monday's as that worked well last year and suits the majority of people.
    Hey Damo, do you want to start a new thread for sign up for next Monday?

Hey Damo, do you want to start a new thread for sign up for next Monday?

I think we'll move over to the social group from now on - any of ye that wants can feel free to start a new thread for next week's sign up over there (7pm Monday)...

Edit: I think priority should be given to the 9 that played last week and got it up and running again - anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Here's a link to the group: Limerick Boardsies 5-a-side Soccer Group

Any new folks, PM me for access to the group or post here with an invite request.

I think a 25 post minimum is required to access groups, so anyone who doesn't have that many posts can PM me if they want their name on the list any week.

• Advertisement

Hey lads, I started a thread in the social group for people to sign up for Monday night

1 place still available for tonights game at 7pm...

Sign up here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1120 or PM myself or any of the other lads involved.

Bumping this again. Anyone free to play tonight?

Never mind, we got someone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Hi all, not available for soccer at the moment but might be further down the line, just wanna say that with the few games of 6 a side I'm involved in we've started using www.teamer.net , don't know if ye're using it, can't recommend it highly enough, it gets rid of a lot of headaches for the organisers!

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Hi all, not available for soccer at the moment but might be further down the line, just wanna say that with the few games of 6 a side I'm involved in we've started using www.teamer.net , don't know if ye're using it, can't recommend it highly enough, it gets rid of a lot of headaches for the organisers!

I've been using it for a while for organising games but would probably take away from the whole aspect of organising it here on Boards.ie.
    It's no easier to use teamer than use the forum here imo.At least here we can ask for extra players,discuss games,topics, issues, dates, etc

can i play with ye? what day do u play

can i play with ye? what day do u play

We're booked to play in Delta Soccer Dome every Monday evening between now and Christmas. Every Monday, 19:00, meeting around 18:50 to make sure we get full value for the hour.

You had your name down to play two weeks ago and you never showed up, so you'd need to give us a proper guarantee that you could play before we'd put your name on the list.

ya thats grand but can you send me on ur number ill give you a txt about it, because ive my own training at that time.. but id love to come down and play soccer wit ye instead.. will you pm me about it or give number and i can talk you bout it. thanks

i definately want to play though

• Advertisement

ya thats grand but can you send me on ur number ill give you a txt about it, because ive my own training at that time.. but id love to come down and play soccer wit ye instead.. will you pm me about it or give number and i can talk you bout it. thanks

Sorry, just saw this now!

I won't be playing this week. Banjaxed my ankle during the last game. :o

There are 5 names down to play next Monday, so there's still room for yourself and 4 other Boardsies. One of the lads might PM you the info when they see this thread.

Advertisement