Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Viewing Scripts

• 18-08-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Is it usually just papers where you weren't happy with the results which people view, or do they go in just because they're inquisitive and want to know how their questions were graded, even if they were happy with the results?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The room will be full of people with different agendas.

Some will be desperately trying to scrape marks, going through their paper with a fine tooth comb. Others will be there just to have a look, more out of interest than anything else. Some only view one paper, while a lot will view them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Yeah Buddy wrote: »
    Is it usually just papers where you weren't happy with the results which people view, or do they go in just because they're inquisitive and want to know how their questions were graded, even if they were happy with the results?

Just asked this question in another thread! I want to look at English despite having no intention of appealing because I was thrilled with it, and it seems that quite a lot of people do the same. :) I may even end up viewing all of them out of sheer curiosity. :)

Here are the answers I got - just scroll down the page a bit.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056359573&page=5

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Violafy wrote: »
    Just asked this question in another thread! I want to look at English despite having no intention of appealing because I was thrilled with it, and it seems that quite a lot of people do the same. :) I may even end up viewing all of them out of sheer curiosity. :)

Here are the answers I got - just scroll down the page a bit.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056359573&page=5

Thanks! I'm in exactly the same boat. Happy but curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Will I be allowed a calculator and a sheet of paper stating percentage ranges and the matching grade?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You can bring the calculator, but I'm not sure what use the piece of paper will be? You probably wouldn't be stopped from bringing it in, but LC subjects don't work by percentages. You won't see a percentage written anywhere on any of your scripts. It will say 455/600 or whatever the marking is for that particular subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

dambarude wrote: »
    You can bring the calculator, but I'm not sure what use the piece of paper will be? You probably wouldn't be stopped from bringing it in, but LC subjects don't work by percentages. You won't see a percentage written anywhere on any of your scripts. It will say 455/600 or whatever the marking is for that particular subject.

I want a piece of paper saying what the equivalent of a A1, A2 etc is. I know there is no percentage on my script... Ill use the calculator to find that out!

Advertisement