Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Strand- is it safe?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm currently in the process of househunting for next year and thinking about renting a house off north strand rd. down a little cul-de-sac. I'm not too familiar with the area and have heard a few bad, and good things alike about it. So was just looking for some opinions.
    I'd be renting the house with 2 other girls, so just want to make sure we'd feel safe.

I've been living on Cork Street for a good while, and am originally from Coolock.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jess

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I live in a cul de sac off the North Strand - it's a short little street and all the neighbours are great. The biggest problem we have is non-residents parking in such a way that nobody else can turn their car in the cul de sac.

Great area to live - so close to town and yet a short trip from the beach, St Anne's park, various shopping centres. Have never had any trouble - used to live in Raheny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jessticles

Thank you so much :)
    I'm really glad to read such a great 'review' :p on the area!

Glad to know my possible future neighbours are helpful ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not too many cul de sacs off the North Strand, so maybe we'll be neighbours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ros_lad

Thinking of renting there myself. Whats it like for getting into town? Any direct buses going close to north wall quay or stephens green?

Very easy to get into town, buses every couple of minutes to Marlborough Street and elsewhere.
    The 14 (to Dundrum) and 128 (to Rathmines) both go through Stephen's green.
    I don't know about buses to North Wall quay - it's kind of in between places. I think it would be easiest get the bus to Connolly maybe and walk down the LUAS tracks, or it would be about a 15 minute walk there from the North Strand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Grand little area. These bad stories circulate and get exaggerated, it's fine there. It has just a "bad" reputation from Coolock and you'll know yourself Coolock is also a decent area, just a few bad parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RMD wrote: »
    Grand little area. These bad stories circulate and get exaggerated, it's fine there. It has just a "bad" reputation from Coolock and you'll know yourself Coolock is also a decent area, just a few bad parts.

:confused: Coolock, what has coolock got to do with N strand, The N strand has been there well before the houses in coolock were dreamt of :confused:,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Walked through North Strand and by the flats at the canal at all hours when I lived nearby

Never a bit of trouble, grand area

I'm also confused what the North Strand has got to do with Coolock

The Centra down at the Five Lamps has most of what you need
    For years I thought the lad at the door was the security guard but he's actually the owner. He watches everything

Advertisement