Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would a sega megadrive be worth today?

• 18-08-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

A mate of mine is moving out of home and while he was moving his stuff he found his old sega megadrive (circa 1990-1991 or so) plus a load of games (about 20). He has a Back to the Future game, Batman, f1 racing and the usuals like sonic, among others. I'm just wondering if it would be worth his while selling it. He says he is kinda stuck for space in his new house, which is a shame cause it would be such a laugh playing it. As far as he knows it is in full working order but has yet to check all the games. Anyone know how much it would be worth? He also has a NES but i think it bit the dust a long time ago :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nes are fixable dont throw em out! even the case can be used to restore back one thats broken. depending on games he would get a few quick for the megadrive maybe 40ish or so. id be interested in the games if he is selling em, send me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I bought my md om Adverts with a load of sports games for €15
    But sports games are worth f all on fairness
    eBay will give you an accurate value
    Follow the auctions for the games
    But remember a cart only is worth ALOT less than cib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I bought my md om Adverts with a load of sports games for €15
    But sports games are worth f all on fairness
    eBay will give you an accurate value
    Follow the auctions for the games
    But remember a cart only is worth ALOT less than cib

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Agree with Cathal. How much you get largely depends on the condition and how quickly you want to sell it. I'd say a megadrive with 20 games, assuming it has all the leads and 2 pads and not too many of them are sports games would fetch about 50 but i would definitely look up everything on ebay first. Some games are a lot rarer than others and you may find one game, even if it's only a cartridge could fetch up to a tenner or more. As for the NES, you could probably clean it up and at worst it will need a new 72 pin connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 over30

A mate of mine is moving out of home and while he was moving his stuff he found his old sega megadrive (circa 1990-1991 or so) plus a load of games (about 20). He has a Back to the Future game, Batman, f1 racing and the usuals like sonic, among others. I'm just wondering if it would be worth his while selling it. He says he is kinda stuck for space in his new house, which is a shame cause it would be such a laugh playing it. As far as he knows it is in full working order but has yet to check all the games. Anyone know how much it would be worth? He also has a NES but i think it bit the dust a long time ago :(

ebay is best place to check what they are selling for. i would also like to know what games you have for sale on both systems, that is if kieth isn't interested in them. you could put an ad in buy and sell you never know there may be christmas shoppers on the lookout for stuff already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For a good guide to selling your, or your mates, stuff have a look on our own free ads site here, www.adverts.ie
    If you do want to deal with people do it there.
    There are no sales or trades permitted on this forum, trades in the trading forum, sales in Adverts.
    Of course enquiries about values are allowed but not to the point thay offers are made in the thread.
    If that should start happening the thread will be edited and closed.

A Megadrive is worth between 30 and 40 with a few games.
    The other games will depend on condition and rarity, Google is your friend.
    The Nes is easily repaired, the part costs in the region of a tenner, the machie is also worth in the region of 30 to 40.

Advertisement