Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant,give thumbs up....

Options
  • 19-08-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to give thumps up at any posts as it says I am not allowed????:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you tell us which thread(s) and/or forum(s) this is happening in?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Shield wrote: »
    Can you tell us which thread(s) and/or forum(s) this is happening in?
    Shooting - Hunting:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Is there any way you can give us the exact text of the error message that appears? A screenshot would be even better. Can you try another browser and see if it still happens?

Mauser 308, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
      For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    2. You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is this for every thread in there, or just a specific one?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Is this for every thread in there, or just a specific one?
    Seems to be for them all. I went into other threads and tried it, but the same message :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The other possibility then, have you thanked 10 posts in the preceding 24 hours?

Spear wrote: »
    The other possibility then, have you thanked 10 posts in the preceding 24 hours?
    Defo not I would think, I could be wrong but never gave 10 in the one night. To be honest I only use occasionaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I get that error occasionally when I've already thanked a post. I see you managed to thank this post last night though, has this resolved itself?

Khannie wrote: »
    I get that error occasionally when I've already thanked a post. I see you managed to thank this post last night though, has this resolved itself?
    Hi Khannie, I thought it had as it worked twice earlier today and once last night. But it just failed there again, exact same message.

• Advertisement

Tried it a few times again and it wont work:mad:
    Can you hlp please...

Does this happen in all browsers?

Are you connecting to the internet through a proxy or straight through an ISP?

Have you any anti-virus or firewall software installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

You appear not to be using JavaScript to thank posts (otherwise you wouldn't be seeing that permission message - the JavaScript version just silently exits). What browser are you using? Do you have JavaScript turned off?

Your session could be timing out between viewing the post and hitting thanks. Do you click "Remember me" when logging in?

Conor wrote: »
    You appear not to be using JavaScript to thank posts (otherwise you wouldn't be seeing that permission message - the JavaScript version just silently exits). What browser are you using? Do you have JavaScript turned off?

Your session could be timing out between viewing the post and hitting thanks. Do you click "Remember me" when logging in?
    Hi Conor, should I click remember me when logging in?
    Java script seems to be on I assume its ment to be on..:confused:

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    Hi Conor, should I click remember me when logging in?
    Absolutely. Can you try putting a tick in that box when you log in and then try and thank a post - ensuring that javascript is turned on? This might very well solve your problem.

Guys that seems to have sorted the issue, thanks a mill..:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement