Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help identifying a type of depression

Options
  • 19-08-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey so my mam has had multple breakdowns and has spent the past few months in a psychiatric ward, these breakdowns have resulted in her experiencing anxiety attacks where she is convinced everything is over and is convinced everything in our house doesnt work,has no money and basically completely irrational thoughts, i was told the medical name of her condition but cannot remember the name of it pretty sure it began with an S, and i was told it takes at least 2 years to come out of could really do with any suggestions as i want to do some research but the doctors wont tell me as I'm not the next of kin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Sorry to hear about your mam, but you really need to find out what
    are they treating her for.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

You might need to post this in the day time Kenny, I am sure you will
    get a better responce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

we can't speculate on diagnosis here.

however, if your mother gives her consent then the medical staff will speak to you regardless of whether or not you're next of kin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement