Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steps to a Paramedic

• 19-08-2011 3:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Could some one tell me the steps i need to take to become a fully qualified paramedic i have just joined the irish red cross and would evetualy not asap but in near future think about paramedic how do i go about it and what is the in between courses etc i need ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

You will need your Leaving Cert which will need to include a Science Subject, you will also need a full clean, points free, C1 driving license. Then when the HSE National Ambulance Service or Dublin Fire Brigade advertise for recruitment you apply, sit an exam, if successful with the exam you will then go for interview, if successful at interview you will be placed on a panel with your position awarded on merit.

Be sure to learn as much about EMS in Ireland, visit ambulance stations, control room etc, learn all about PHECC and all levels of care within the ambulance service.

Joining any of the voluntary ambulance organisations will help build your knowlegde.

The best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Bang Bang wrote: »
    You will need your Leaving Cert which will need to include a Science Subject, you will also need a full clean, points free, C1 driving license. Then when the HSE National Ambulance Service or Dublin Fire Brigade advertise for recruitment you apply, sit an exam, if successful with the exam you will then go for interview, if successful at interview you will be placed on a panel with your position awarded on merit.

Be sure to learn as much about EMS in Ireland, visit ambulance stations, control room etc, learn all about PHECC and all levels of care within the ambulance service.

Joining any of the voluntary ambulance organisations will help build your knowlegde.

The best of luck for the future.

I have done my leaveing cert and only science i have on it is ag science .I am repeateing my leaveing cert this september hopefully .Will i learn most of the above trough the irishe red cross and what courses should i b availing of through them ?

Is the hse paramedic recruitment as tight as other public service jobs such as garda,army etc ?

Where should i be olooking for updates on recruitment ? hse website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

bk1991 wrote: »
    I have done my leaveing cert and only science i have on it is ag science .I am repeateing my leaveing cert this september hopefully .Will i learn most of the above trough the irishe red cross and what courses should i b availing of through them ?

Is the hse paramedic recruitment as tight as other public service jobs such as garda,army etc ?

Register with publicjobs.ie and careersinhealth.ie
    The HSE were still recruiting for trainee Paramedics up to recently but nobody knows for sure what's in store for future recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sebashlinn

Hello, I am new to this Boards.ie thing and am looking for the same information as the previous person. I know this information was relevant a few years ago when originally posted, does this still apply?? I am very interested in becoming a paramedic and am currently saving to do an EMT course with the Irish Ambulance Training Institute... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

Hi, not sure what advice to give in relation to the information on becoming a paramedic as it seems to be changing regularly, as regards paying for your EMT course through any school I'll say it's a lot of money without the promise of a job, there's a lot of unemployed EMT's out there already, you might consider one of the voluntaries to gain some insight and experience instead. Hope this gives you something to think about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Sebashlinn wrote: »
    Hello, I am new to this Boards.ie thing and am looking for the same information as the previous person. I know this information was relevant a few years ago when originally posted, does this still apply?? I am very interested in becoming a paramedic and am currently saving to do an EMT course with the Irish Ambulance Training Institute... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could some one tell me the steps i need to take to become a fully qualified paramedic i have just joined the irish red cross and would evetualy not asap but in near future think about paramedic how do i go about it and what is the in between courses etc i need ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055986379

Advertisement