Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value Fishing tackle on woodies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

pdstck wrote: »
    Hi Twomeys
    where in tralee is your shop, will give a call to see what you have, i'm looking for a decent sea fishing reel at the moment cant find much on the net

Hey Pd

We're based in Killarney not Tralee. I'm currently not stocking sea reels as I mostly get asked for fly and salmon gear and that season is closing in ten days so we are winding down the stock for the year. I will be doing sea gear next season and for sure. Now I have all the main brand sails le to me including shimano etc so you are more than welcome to pop in and I can show you what's available and price it for you. You can then buy closer to where you are or order through us but I'll help you out as best I can.

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

You will always need the cheap gear for noobs to gain entry. At that point they dont know what is suitable for them or what they want to fish for. They wouldn't know how to buy a good rod, as they are quite individual.

It's a good thing that Lidl \ Aldi \ Woddies offer a route in to fishing at low cost, once they know what they want guess where they will end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdstck

Twomeys
    can you pm me your shop address thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ch750536 wrote: »
    You will always need the cheap gear for noobs to gain entry. At that point they dont know what is suitable for them or what they want to fish for. They wouldn't know how to buy a good rod, as they are quite individual.

It's a good thing that Lidl \ Aldi \ Woddies offer a route in to fishing at low cost, once they know what they want guess where they will end up?

I agree - it's an intro to the sport - Ive been fishing for 30 years and would love my 8 year old to enjoy it too, but can't afford to lash out on gear only to find he changes his mind after our first trip. If he enjoys it then I'll invest with decent gear but Lidl/aldi/Woodies provide a good cheap source for starters

There's always a danger that cheap gear leads to poaching/illegal but I think the introduction of a national fishing licence for coarse to fund bailiffs could help

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

The money from a national licence would simply be absorbed into the banks like the 60 euro "salmon conservation fund"

Andip wrote: »
    ch750536 wrote: »

I agree - it's an intro to the sport - Ive been fishing for 30 years and would love my 8 year old to enjoy it too, but can't afford to lash out on gear only to find he changes his mind after our first trip. If he enjoys it then I'll invest with decent gear but Lidl/aldi/Woodies provide a good cheap source for starters

There's always a danger that cheap gear leads to poaching/illegal but I think the introduction of a national fishing licence for coarse to fund bailiffs could help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

any of the woodies in dublin have the gear?

could do with a few terminal bits and bobs.

the one on malahide rd doesnt anwyay. or didnt few weeks ago.

cheers

Advertisement