Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor data

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Ok this the second time this has happened to me and I'm really pi**ed off about it.

My phone was on auto update so it ripped into my 1gb limit. Not knowing that I am over it and now.being charged per day for 50mb it was only last night when I got a text saying you almost reach your 50mb daily limit. So I don't know how long this is going on for

Why am I not getting that for my 1gb limit its a joke. I have a good mind to cancel and move to o2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you are going over a 50mb limit daily, maybe you should get the 10gig add on or go to Smart 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

i have a Desire HD..

I dont need 10GB as i dont really use the Web on the phone. but its just the Apps are for some reason Updating them selfs even when i turn off Auto Update..

i use WiFi when i am at home. is this Watch App Free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Cork24 wrote: »
    i have a Desire HD..

I dont need 10GB as i dont really use the Web on the phone. but its just the Apps are for some reason Updating them selfs even when i turn off Auto Update..

i use WiFi when i am at home. is this Watch App Free ?
    The WiFi radio is put to sleep about 30 minutes after your phone is in standby. Any updates that decide to kick off then go through the mobile network and you're deducted units, or charged, accordingly. So your phone data connection would be on the mobile network for practically the entire night, for example.

You're probably best off disabling mobile data unless you actually need it, if you don't want to buy a data add-on or be charged for data use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Would be nice if HTC told you that, in the Manual.

Now i know better

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

I am sorry to hear you are having this trouble.

I use a Galaxy S2 and I am on the 1 gig a month data allowance for €6.99 a month, which seems to be the best deal available out there. So far for me it is working the finest...I use it mainly to listen to pod casts for a few hours a day (via Stitcher, which for me is simply the best out there on Android and free!). I also surf the net everyday, but only for short periods at a time, checking Facebook, this forum, etc. I also use Google Maps for navigation, though admittedly for about one or two trips a week, however each trip can last several hours. At the end of each month I almost always have data left over, lot's in fact.

I used to check my data usage everyday, but now don't bother that much.

Just had a quick check and have 805 mb left, my next top up is September 4th.

Advertisement