Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting Sky Connection And Watching Different Channels.

• 19-08-2011 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

I know this was probably asked a million times before but i couldn't find anything close enough to my situation.

There is a coaxial cable that goes from the disk through my room and to a Sky +HD box in the room next door.

What i want to do is split that cable and send it to a box i have in my room. I know this can be done but if i split it before it reaches the sky+hd box can we watch different channels or are we stuck watching the same thing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭sundodger5

you need a seperate cable run. i imagine if you have sky+ you have a quad lnb on the dish so you have to connect from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shane12195

sundodger5 wrote: »
    you need a seperate cable run. i imagine if you have sky+ you have a quad lnb on the dish so you have to connect from there.

We also have a standard sky+ box downstairs that uses the remaining LNB is there any other way ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

shane12195 wrote: »
    What i want to do is split that cable and send it to a box i have in my room. I know this can be done but if i split it before it reaches the sky+hd box can we watch different channels or are we stuck watching the same thing

The cable can't be split between LNB and receiver. Each receiver must be connected directly to an output on the LNB.

Discussed here recently - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73712550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭sundodger5

change the lnb, look for an octo lnb 8 outputs.
    each sky+ box needs 2. one for whatever channel you are recording and the other for the channel you are watching.
    the sky box tells the lnb what to tune to that is why splitting the cable wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

sundodger5 wrote: »
    change the lnb, look for an octo lnb 8 outputs.
    each sky+ box needs 2. one for whatever channel you are recording and the other for the channel you are watching.
    the sky box tells the lnb what to tune to that is why splitting the cable wont work.

and could even damage the Digibox and or LNB....

• Advertisement
Advertisement