Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limits

• 19-08-2011 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭

Slightly odd question for this forum. In typical urban areas of the USA, what vehicular speed limit would apply to town / city centre streets and urban suburban residential streets?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I think it depends on the state. Here in Arkansas:
    - 35 mph around the towns, 25mph near schools/ in subdivisions/ residential areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah depends on the State. I know in Illinois it varies greatly - 75mph on Interstates, 70mph in parts of these, 55mph on typical regional roads and pretty much the same as silja's Arkansas figures in around Cities/Schools etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Must be downstate Illinois because I just drove my Champaign, IL to Chicago, IL and the speed limit is 65 with it dropping down to 55 closer to Chicago, and with the recent construction on 57, it is now 45.

Perhaps, this is on 80?

Anyway, it depends on the state. Here's a breakdown:

http://www.iihs.org/laws/speedlimits.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

I80 and I90/94 have those speed limits in parts. It's 55 on Lakeshore alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks guys. I'm only interested in urban limits. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement