Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

large bags of granola

Options
  • 19-08-2011 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    been eating Jordans Tropical fruit Granola for breckie the last week or two and was just wondering can graola be bought in larger bags than 750g/1kg, not neccessarily this particular brand? I just seem to go through 3 bags every two weeks.
    Also as a side issue, are you meant to mix the granola with anything else as im eating a decent sized bowl every morning and health wise im not sure if there are any benefits
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Granola, like muesli, is mainly oat flakes, which are simple porridge oats. So you can "dilute" both down with more any old porridge oat flakes (oat flakes do not have to be cooked). Oats cost very little in comparison to granola or museli.

The granola is usually high in sugar & fat.

It is very easy to overeat granola or muesli since it is so dense, so a normal size bowl of uncooked oats would be a massive bowl of porridge.

You can also buy dried fruit or chop up fresh fruit to bulk out oats, and add more of what you like, such as nuts or coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

I love granola but find it too sweet on it's own. I mix half and half granola with Flahavens rolled oats. Leave it to soak to lovely mushiness, add a big spoon of natural yoghurt (Yeo Valley) and nom nom nom! :D

Back to porridge in the winter though! ;)

Advertisement