Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good wi-fi access point.

Options
  • 19-08-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need some help need a good wifi-access point(we've got a cable connection). Our Dlink is pretty crap and about 3 years old.

I'd like something with a bit more range and a quicker connection speeds( ours in 54mbps) can anyone link me to something a bit more decent?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There is no such thing as one with more range, if one is advertised as such then its "go faster stripes". In order to take advantage of an "n" wifi router all your devices must have "n" cards, do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There is no such thing as one with more range, if one is advertised as such then its "go faster stripes". In order to take advantage of an "n" wifi router all your devices must have "n" cards, do they?

The only ones that I'm bothered about getting online do :pac:

Advertisement