Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Biscuit WTF is Tera Online

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks pretty impressive. Love Total Biscuit, and he seemed genuinly impressed...which isn't easy these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Looks real nice, another MMO to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

just started watching now, and he has me in stitches already just choosing class

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's a interesting take and definitely has my interest. The only worries for me are,

1. A Asian MMO that could have the usual focus on grind.

2. In japan the monthly sub is a crazy 35 dollars!!

Any idea when a European beta is coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The only thing that sucks about Tera is that it's coming out in the spring of 2012. I love the blood effects though it makes WoW look embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

A girl I play WoW with pointed this out to me a few weeks ago, and I have to admit it peaked my interest.

It's graphically stunning, and unlike Aion/WAR/AoC the characters don't seem out of place with their environment while in motion.

The combat system looks very intriguing, almost like a single player combat action game, such as Devil May Cry, but on an MMO scale.
    This looks to be one of the key differences between Tera and so many MMO's in the western world, it's more than just a hotkey based MMORPG.

I've heard flying combat will play a big part in the game, hopefully within a style similar to Wings of Prey or a similar Air Combat game.

Definitely a game to watch right now, they're showing off lots of the game-play, end-game and PvP content already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Wow, some very nice looking stuff going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The graphics and combat system look sweet but it seems there are major issues with the Korean version...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/01/rumor-teras-korean-development-director-resigns/1#comments

Sadly the usual lack of content and endgame design tho maybe it will be corrected for a EU/US launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 HarbinSnowfall

The problem is, the main of RPGs was never supposed to be the combat system. I've you're a fan of RPGs and want to play an RPG, the battle system should be an afterthought.

The battle system in Tera is indeed better than most. But that's not much of an improvement and doesn't certainly make the game in any way better than others. They're going to have to do a lot with the political system to make this an even remotely decent game. I mean, if your main selling point to a role-playing game is the battle system, you're doing it very, very wrong.

Also, it's not classy. The women are hypsersexualized to the point of grossness. And honestly the races are just bland and generic in many respects. It's another bland and generic hypersexualized MMORPG that reminds me far too much of that terrible Conan game.

So let's see, what does this game have? Pretty landscapes? A loli race for the loli fans. A furry race for the furry fans. Several boob races for the boob fans. A bishounen race for the bishounen fans. A a couple obligatory bland monster races. With a half decent combat system everyone is pointlessly gushing over and a so called "innovative" that is probably far behind EVE Online and Guild Wars 2. And no content but the typical "kill 10 monsters" quests. Yep, sounds like a generic MMORPG to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

its an action rpg harbin.
    I was quite impressed with the TB video tbh, and by the sounds of it he was too, despite everything being in german.

After 6 years on and off playing wow i'm looking forward to at least a month of hack and slash with this next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 HarbinSnowfall

its an action rpg harbin.
    I'm aware of that. Doesn't take away from my point, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

I'm aware of that. Doesn't take away from my point, though.

Read up on the gamelore it's quite impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Game has been pushed back to a march 2012 western release date, and they are modifying alot of the graphics models and style animations to suit the western playerbase apparently, they are taking away the few things that make the game stand apart, this won't even be a blip on the radar if the mess with it and sabotage its releasedate with the competition it is going to come up against

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Game has been pushed back to a march 2012 western release date, and they are modifying alot of the graphics models and style animations to suit the western playerbase apparently, they are taking away the few things that make the game stand apart, this won't even be a blip on the radar if the mess with it and sabotage its releasedate with the competition it is going to come up against
    It would be even less of a blip if they actually released it as is. There is literally no raiding content, that alone would make it fall flat on it's face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dragonor

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

so btw. where did you get that info about that "modifying alot of the graphics models and style animations"?

so far there will only be some changes to some of the elin armors (they are going to add some tights and so to some of there models).. ppl of en masse entertainment said that already several times. so imo its basically no big deal..

like degrassinoel already said: its an action mmorpg.. of course you cant just put in only a good combat system.. but imo a good/other than usual combat system can make a big difference (in a mmorpg) cause you have a lot fighting in such games.. at the beginning, through the game, at endgame, at pve, at pvp,..

Advertisement