Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final final build, any comments before I order?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Looks good. PSU is good. I have essentially the same system (have the ASUS EAH6950 instead of the sapphire, and an extra harddrive) and the PSU is giving me no hassles thus far.

Will the 64GB ssd do? I have a 120 GB one and find it a little limiting (though thats just cos im too lazy to take care of not using too much.. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Looks good. PSU is good. I have essentially the same system (have the ASUS EAH6950 instead of the sapphire, and an extra harddrive) and the PSU is giving me no hassles thus far.

Will the 64GB ssd do? I have a 120 GB one and find it a little limiting (though thats just cos im too lazy to take care of not using too much.. )

I wouldn't be putting much on the SSD outside of the OS and core applications- would keep steamapps on the mechanical drive. My machine in work has a 64Gb ssd and it's only half full with all the software I use it on it.

But you're right, it does take a bit more effort to make sure you install stuff to the right location!

No temperature issues? Do you have any aftermarket coolers or extra fans or such?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I dont, but i got a case that has pretty good cooling...

link

I cant comment on the cooling prowess of your case! :)

Tbh if your not overclocking the stock cooler should be good enough, unless the case is made of sheeps wool or something. Sandy Bridge runs pretty cool after all.

Advertisement