Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? - The Calm before the Storm Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing....nothing really. Go back to Oblivion every now and again, but nothing it really keeping me interested for more then an hour at a time. It's probably a good thing though, as October/November will be busy gaming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm playing SPAZ
    yep its really called that, and its very addictive. Space Pirates and Zombies.

14quid on steam, indie game, well worth it.
    linky and videos here
    http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Finally started getting into Fallout 3. It feels a bit depressing though I dunno, I seem to feel down after playing it!!

Got Xenoblade today for wii. Unreal so far.

Hopefully will get Persona next week for PS2. Anyone know which is better? Persona 3 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

FIFA 11 (still) and Fight Night: Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm playing though Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow at the moment. It's good, but not great. I'm also getting back into Super Street Fighter Iv in a big way. Clocked up a lot of time fighting Live over the last week or two. Aside from that, I've got Alice: Madness Returns begging me for a re-play. That's next on the list I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Just finished a fairly fast run through of Mass Effects 1 & 2, wanted to hear this great FemShep. Have to say I way preferred her voice acting, the male version is pretty soulless compared

Have a few games to mop up before Deus Ex next week, some Alan Wake DLC I aint got to and suchlike, might give the original DE another blasht as well sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Resistance 3 Beta has me hooked.

Trying to play Heavy Rain too, not going very quickly though!

Gave up on LA Noire recently... Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

KalEl88 wrote: »
    Finally started getting into Fallout 3. It feels a bit depressing though I dunno, I seem to feel down after playing it!!

I know what you mean, that is part of its... well, I don't know if I'd say charm, exactly, but I think its really strong, sense of atmosphere, time and place is what hooked me. I mean, a lot of games have you trudging across a fairly empty landscape from point A to point B just to pad out bits of gameplay, but in Fallout, that stuff really sells you the idea of how dead the world is. And the little throwaway hints at what life used to be like are nicely judged and quite haunting.

When I was playing through it, I felt cold all the time. I found myself alternating between it and Oblivion. Same kind of gameplay with a bit more sunshine and wildflowers and deer and whatever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, gave up on EVE for being too boring, gave up on WoW much sooner than that, and aside from the Summer Sale games I gave the odd lash of I haven't really been into much besides TF2. I enrolled back into college after dropping out 3 years ago. Woo me. So I'm gearing for that.

If anything lately aside from TF2 I've played Simcity 4 for a long minute, and I picked up Magic the Gathering - the video game; and the cards for the first time since I was a child. With my own cards this time. Kinda fun, really.

Oh and I still need to fire up this Space Marine demo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I've not bought a new game in ages so been using the time to go back over old classics I never played, currently going between Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast and Deus Ex on the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Going back through my pile of unfinished RPG's. Currently working through Dragon Age: origins, Fallout:NV and Demons Souls. Woudl like to get them done before Skyrim comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished Assassins creed 2 a week or 2 ago. Good game, very easy though. Must get brotherhood now before Revelations!

Finishing off Dead nation and playing through Fallout New Vegas. Really like both games.

Have to finish off Metroid prime 2 and 3 still. Started MP2 months ago but haven't touched the wii since.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Just playing some Etrian Odyssey until Xenoblade arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

At the moment I'm playing through Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on the PS3. It is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jumped back into Borderlands, kinda dull single player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Not playing too many games but finished a backlog just recently

- The original Deus Ex
    - Thief: Deadly Shadows
    - Bioshock 2
    - Receatter: An Item shops tale

At the moment just playing some Killing Floor online and also starting to get into Terraria at the moment as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm currently playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

This game is possibly one of the best games I have ever played. Its amazing and gives me that feeling I had when I first discovered Deus Ex so many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Been playig Fallout NV for a while there, hopefully getting Dead Island this week when its back in stock, gonna pick up Mass Effect soon aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i hit the wall....

i got like hundred games i newer finished, but i just cba playing at all.

i love new space marine game, alice.... but i just dont play it....

really annoying.

something wrong with me. witcher 2 and metro 2033 had hooked me up. played them non stop untill i finished bouth. now i am back to boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

After playing vanilla Oblivion to death, i re-installed it along with Oscuros overhaul and a load of other mods. I'm actually enjoying the game now more than i ever have.

Also playing a bit of TF2 and minecraft every now and again.

Haven't touched my consoles lately but i got Deus Ex for the PS3 a couple of weeks ago so might fire that up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

i hit the wall....

i got like hundred games i newer finished, but i just cba playing at all.

i love new space marine game, alice.... but i just dont play it....

really annoying.

something wrong with me. witcher 2 and metro 2033 had hooked me up. played them non stop untill i finished bouth. now i am back to boredom.

Just play Alice again. You know you want to :p

I'm on an old-skool buzz at the moment with Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and Wolfenstien 3D.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm currently playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

This game is possibly one of the best games I have ever played. Its amazing and gives me that feeling I had when I first discovered Deus Ex so many years ago.

It's a great game. Also has one of the creepiest levels i've played in a long time. You'll know it when you get to it. Hope your using the unofficial patch though, as it fixes a huge amount of things in the game. Can send you on a link if you don't already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Im juggling a good bit at the moment. Playing dead island, witcher 2 and amnesia.
    Jumping into minecraft from time to time too. Have stalker ready to go after that. Should keep me busy til november!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Finally after finish Crysis, warhead and Crysis 2, I am back on Dead space 2 not scary now that I have my Armor upgraded and a decent weapon. After that it will be Singularity and then back to Halo reach(the only Halo game that didnt inspire me to keep playing)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played 6.8 hours of Civilisation 5 in the last 24 hours or so.

.8 of those was when I left it idle to make dinner. But still. Addicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Currently playing through Dead Space 2. Really enjoying it! keeps me hooked in, get to the next save station, or bench, upgrade, try out the new weapon etc, get to the next save station....... I've got 2 more small sessions or one big session left...

Also playing Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) with my bro. Fun doing co-op, harder than I expected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Picked up Civ V recently when it was cheap on steam, so have put a fair few hours into that lately.

Also just started playing L4D2. Bought it ages ago but never got around to play it, along with 80% of the games I buy on steam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Started playing Stalker SoC again, got a new laptop last week so I can play at close to max settings which really makes a huge difference to the atmosphere

Also picked up Arkham Asylum for the xbox last week so must give that a shot over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I just 100 percented Arkham asylum, first game I've ever actually got 100%, the challenges and riddles are so fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally playing Demon's Souls. Absolutely fantastic game with, dying mechanic aside, a really nice level of difficulty.

In between going through some of the older demos on XBLA to determine what I need to pick up, I've also been tapping away at Gatling Gears. It's not too bad, a little bit slow for a twin stick shooter but I do like the style of it.

Gears 3 will be arriving tomorrow so may as well add that to the list too.

Advertisement