Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? - The Calm before the Storm Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a great game. Also has one of the creepiest levels i've played in a long time. You'll know it when you get to it. Hope your using the unofficial patch though, as it fixes a huge amount of things in the game. Can send you on a link if you don't already have it.

Yeah I've got the unofficial patch and resolution patcher. Playing in 16:10 at 1900 x 1200 using Win7 64 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PS3: Splinter Cell HD Collection, FIFA 11, Resident Evil: Directors Cut

Xbox 360: Army Of Two, Gears Of War 2

Wii: Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye

Haven't picked up my PSP or 3DS in a while. Am very much looking forward to playing Luigi's Mansion 2 though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Working my way through Gears of War for the first time. It's good, still looks great despite it's age and offers a genuine challenge on hardcore. The cover controls can leave you hanging your your arse out in the air at times, but it's a very enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've recently finished Mass Effect 1 for the first time, currently playing through Portal 2 (on Chapter 6 of 10) and will get stuck into Mass Effect 2 afterwards, looking forward to that. Have LOADS of unplayed games I've bought in various Steam sales ready to be played thereafter (really want to try Saints Row 2, Mirrors Edge, Dawn of War 2 and some of the recent Total War games - have the last three) but will I get the time to do so before Skyrim and Arkham City arrive? I thought Arkham Asylum was one of the best games I've ever played so have very high hopes for the sequel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Gears of War 3 came out today... So i'm currently working my way through that.

Fifa 12 in 10 days...

Good god this is an expensive time of year :rolleyes:

Last week I was working my way through Killzone 3.. guess thats on the backburner for a while now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Currently playing Gears of War 3 on the 360 and Catherine on the PS3... To say they're worlds apart doesn't even begin to cover it. One represents what Japanese gaming used to mean (to me anyway), the other represents what American gaming has become - I mean that in the best way. I'm loving them both.

Finished Bulletstorm and Deus Ex last week. Both good games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Just about to finish Majoras Mask, I have all the masks so it's time to teach the skull kid a lesson - will probably move onto Sonic Colours or Wario land: The Shake Dimension next.

And I just cleared Assassins creed 2 100% so I've started into Dragon Age: Origins.
    The combat is a horrible, clunky mess so hopefully it'll pick up or at least become tolerable. It probably didn't help that I got to play with Dragon Age 2 briefly before starting this, everything feels very much like a step back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hooked on Red Orchestra 2,also playing Hard Reset and some Borderlands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't think of any time before where there are so many quality games released in such a short period of time. How the hell are we going to afford it :(

i'm still playing Xenoblade, and a bit of Dead Island. Going to trade that in for Space Marine though, as i'm not really enjoying it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Currently playing through May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville on the DS... it's actually not bad. It's very much like Professor Layton however it seems to be self-aware of that and just runs with it, not a bad little game.

If I had the cash and could choose between Space Marine & Gears of War 3 I think I'd be hard pressed to pick between them...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've started into Dragon Age: Origins.
    The combat is a horrible, clunky mess so hopefully it'll pick up or at least become tolerable. It probably didn't help that I got to play with Dragon Age 2 briefly before starting this, everything feels very much like a step back.

Nope, doesn't pick up. Every dungeon is the same. Open door, get attacked, repeat to infinity. Quit after twenty hours realising there was day of my life wasted. Easily one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Not like you can fall back on the laughable generic fantasy world / story either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And that's without having to trudge your way through the horrible Fade level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

C&C: Red Alert 3 (PS3) Just finishing the Soviet campaign. Nothing really revolutionary (excuse the pun).

Persona 4 (PS2) Into the third month (of 12). Brilliant game but PS2 is after dying :eek::(

Archmage (Android) Great little Trading Card Game and free too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I just 100 percented Arkham asylum, first game I've ever actually got 100%, the challenges and riddles are so fun :D

I love the arena challenges in that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

PS3: Just Cause 2 and Portal 2. JC2 is just brilliant for mindless explosions and exploration. At about chapter 8 in Portal, loving it so far

Will be playing F1 2011 by the end of the week too

PC: FM 2011. Have been taking a break the last while as I've been trying and failing to get some work done for my dissertation but had a bash for a few hours the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

PS3 Dead Island, Resistance 3

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Currently playing Baldur's Gate as a Paladin, I hope to actually finish the game this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I need to stop spreading my attention.

Deus Ex replay
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution replay
    Machinarium
    Team Fortress 2 (as always)
    Spiral Knights
    SpaceChem
    Toki Tori
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    The Legend of Zelda

Now that I'm back in college though I'm rather going to have to cut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Xenoblade After reaching
    Alcanoth
    and recieving a bunch of quests, I took a break from playing. Sidequest overload.

Final Fantasy IX I decided to play more of FFIX. I really like this, looks nice, has lovely music. I'm always stealing and learning abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

deathrider wrote: »
    I love the arena challenges in that game!

yessir they are fantastic. Played through the story mode in AA last summer, then just left it at that. Started playing then last week on Hard with AC coming up and now Asylum is one of my favourite games EVAR! Cant wait for Arkham City now. :)

Also hopping through Mirrors edge again, another recent favourite considering I grabbed it for 6 euro. Hit a bit of a dry patch regarding games of late, so am truly excited for AC, skyrim and BF3 over the next few months :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Dead Rising 2, love the Zombie killing madness!
    going to get "off the record" when it comes out to extend the fun!:D

Waiting on Arkham City. Loved asylum. might go back and finish it for the 4th time before city comes out. got to 97% completion. just a few of those pesky combat challenges stopping me getting platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Red Orchestra 2 on PC - buggy at the moment but serious fun when it works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Dead Island(not really liking it tbh though :( )
    Fallout NV ( neer got around to completing it so thought might aswell)
    Going to get Dragon Age Origins tomorrow and Demon Souls sometime this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Going to get Dragon Age Origins tomorrow

I found setting the difficulty to 'easy' makes the game better as you can actually do things without having to try and bend the terribad combat system to your will.

That's on the PC mind you, I have it on reasonable authority that the console versions are somewhat less awful in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Gears of War 3, and Deus Ex. I'm playing Deus Ex when my daughter is in the room as there is less chainsawing, and I'm doing the no kills method.

When she goes to bed: CHAINSAWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Have Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Gear 3 on the go at the moment. Really enjoying them both and don't want to sacrifice playing one over the other.

Looking to get my last 2 cheevs in Crysis 2 as well so I need another 30K exp in the online to pretty much finish that game up and get it traded.

I've alot of hours to sink into these games before the next biggie hits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Currently playing on the ps3:

Dead island ( meh )
    Dues ex ( fantastic game )
    Resistance 3 ( another brill game )

Currently have 10 ps3 games with only one trophy to unlock for plat

xbox 360

Hoping i can finally get around to playing GOW 2 which i got when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Currently playing Gears of War 3, the storm is well underway :)
    Haven't started the campaign yet, the multiplayer is just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ploughing through Gears 3 Horde mode, so much funs. Also tried some of the Versus, was a lot better than I thought after playing GoW2 MP.

Also gotta get further into Clash of Heroes on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finishing off Gears before Spider-Man next week, then onto Batman and then Assassins Creed. If I get those done before Christmas, I'll move onto Skyrim!

Advertisement