Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Oil fired boiler service Half price at only €37

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Is this just for Oil central heating and not gas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oil only. @Heffo, you sure it includes dublin without the mileage surcharge (I know its in the Dublin deal section)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

sweetie wrote: »
    Oil only. @Heffo, you sure it includes dublin without the mileage surcharge (I know its in the Dublin deal section)

I rang them and they said there was no surcharge there was just going to group the services in dublin together come down and do a few together.

And its for oil fired central heating only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Wonder would they come down portlaoise way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

http://www.seai.ie/Power_of_One/Heat_Your_Home_For_Less/Servicing_Your_Boiler/oil_checklist.pdf

present the boiler service man with this checklist - it states that the burner nozzle be replaced and the fuel filter replaced -

37 euros is crazy low money for it to be done properly so fair play if they do it for that - the parts needed to be replaced cost 15 euro so take into account the vat and they working for nothing -if the website is taking a cut of the deal then its going to cost them money -

• Advertisement

make sure its not just a boiler clean

http://www.oftec.org/WhyuseanOFTECRegisteredTechnician.asp

last two paragraphs -

If having your boiler serviced, make sure you ask the technician if he is registered. Ask for a quote up front on how much the service is going to cost and what it includes. A proper service should include having the boiler cleaned, a replacement nozzle (if required), a check of the burner and associated equipment, a combustion analysis and a quick check of your tank..

If you do not receive this level of attention then you may be paying for a ‘boiler clean’ which while helpful is not as comprehensive as a service – make sure you ask what your are getting as it is usually too late afterwards! .

Customers choose registered OFTEC technicians because they trust the OFTEC symbol as a sign of quality..

knighted_1 wrote: »
    make sure its not just a boiler clean

http://www.oftec.org/WhyuseanOFTECRegisteredTechnician.asp

last two paragraphs -

If having your boiler serviced, make sure you ask the technician if he is registered. Ask for a quote up front on how much the service is going to cost and what it includes. A proper service should include having the boiler cleaned, a replacement nozzle (if required), a check of the burner and associated equipment, a combustion analysis and a quick check of your tank..

If you do not receive this level of attention then you may be paying for a ‘boiler clean’ which while helpful is not as comprehensive as a service – make sure you ask what your are getting as it is usually too late afterwards! .

Customers choose registered OFTEC technicians because they trust the OFTEC symbol as a sign of quality..

They said when I rang them he would replace the nozzle and all. I've seen services done so I will be sure to get the full service. They say on the website that they are OFTEC registered can anyone confirm this? I'd ring them and ask them how much it would be to get them down to portlaoise.

heffo500 wrote: »
    They said when I rang them he would replace the nozzle and all. I've seen services done so I will be sure to get the full service. They say on the website that they are OFTEC registered can anyone confirm this? I'd ring them and ask them how much it would be to get them down to portlaoise.

well they are oftec registered but in the uk - they are based in northern ireland
    its an excellent deal if everything checks out but i know they are making little or no money on the deal if they follow the service guidelines and replace the filter and nozzle .print out the seai form and get them to fill it in
    well worth 37 if they do that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

might try and entice a few more laois boiler owners to make it worth their while;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

anyone know if the deal is still on? the OP's link seems to just go to the groupon main page which seems to be a deal for some beauty treatment thing now... http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special

• Advertisement

gudwan wrote: »
    anyone know if the deal is still on? the OP's link seems to just go to the groupon main page which seems to be a deal for some beauty treatment thing now... http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special

As far as I know it was a one time offer. He told he was putting it on the Northern Ireland Version this week I think. he said he was making hardly anything on it but intends to ring anyone who he did it for next year and offer the service again for the same price.

He was very good. He noticed things wrong with my system that other so called professionals never did.

Mods please mark this as expired. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

As far as I know it was a one time offer. He told he was putting it on the Northern Ireland Version this week I think. he said he was making hardly anything on it but intends to ring anyone who he did it for next year and offer the service again for the same price.

He was very good. He noticed things wrong with my system that other so called professionals never did.

Ah, shame. Thanks for letting me know anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pm boiler services

Hello all, Paddy here from PM Boiler Services.
    Fristly, the main reason for going onto groupon was to increase our customers. We are not one of these companies who go out to rip people off with crazy service costs, because once they have done this to the homeowner they will never be called again to work in that particular house again. What we are aiming for is a fair price so the homeowner will service thier boiler annually with us.
    Second to address the point above, I am a qualified plumber who has been servicing boilers throughout my carreer but i have consentrated soley on boiler service and instulation for about 5 years. All boilers that i attend to get a complete service! As indicated this means a jet is replaced and if a filter is particularly dirt it will be replaced. If it is not too dirty it will be cleaned. In seeing some of the boiler in the South last week, alot don't even have filters which then incurrs an aditional cost fitting one. Also every boiler recieves a written report including analyais.

I would travel to Portlaoise for 40euro per boiler but would need 6 or 7 boilers to do this.

Regards: Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

This would be handy if it came up again Paddy.
    Id say a lot of people missed it.
    Even increase the price a bit and its still a good deal.
    Any plans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement