Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salou

• 19-08-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Headin to Salou Monday week, just looking for some ideas of things to do for a couple in their 20's aside from the normal Portaventura etc etc.
    A friend told me about a day trip from salou to barcelona but when I google im getting so much info that i'm hoping somebody that has done it can help me and guide me in the right direction :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

You can book a day trip through your holiday rep, this is the most expensive option. Plana bus do the same tours but cost less. They have an office in salou where you can book it and they have reps handing out leaflets and taking bookings along the streets. You can get the train which is the cheapest option but then you have to find your own way around.
    The plana or holiday rep option gives you a choice of visiting Barca zoo some sightseeing and some shopping or visiting noucamp stadium sight seeing and shopping there my be other options that I dont know of. The bus brings you direct to stadium/zoo, the tour guide has your tickets (price is included in your fee). He/she will show you around. Bus will depart at a scheduled time and then do sights and shopping. The tour guides are great and you do get to see a lot.
    When you go to Portaventura make sure you make enough time to see some of the shows as they are very good, dont try and do everything in the one day as you will miss out on loads.
    Cambrills is a small fishing town that is well worth a visit for a taste of the real spain and a break away from the concrete jungle that is salou!! The roman ruins at tarragona are meant to be good, we plan on going this year.
    There is a weekly market on too which is meant to be quiet good again we plan on going this year. If you miss the one in salou you can go to it on a different day in the sorrounding area of lapineada/capsalou/cambrillis/tarragona. Buses are frequent and cheap. You can buy a booklet of 10 trips for around 10/11 euro. So you and your partner could use this between ye. Enjoy your holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

Some very useful information there thanks very much...greatly appreciated :D

Advertisement