Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it worth.. (realistically)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

200 maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

I must also mention i wasn't born yesterday.. The ram alone i could get 80-100 for. There is a weird point in the timeline of a PC generation where cost stops going down and starts to rise again.. found that out when i paid 80 euro for an IDE drive..

Go to komplett and you will find 2G Value DDR2 going for 25.. As for processors, this is one of the top range for people still on DDR2 systems, i will admit that this MoBo might be a pain to shift..

but priced to sell individually..

see your prob is its all old tech now thats why i think its only worth what it is but if you think you can get more work away

Yes im aware of what you can get when you are buying a new spec, as i said, im looking to buy my own system when i hit NZ.. These wont be sold as a package, most likely individually (if at all).. As upgrades for the generation that they are.. DDR2, 775, systems..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

200 is being way too generous.

You can get 8GB of DDR3 for €40, so your RAM is worth €30 at best. Even then you'd be lucky if anyone was interested.

Motherboard was nice back in the day, but even entry level motherboards have those features as standard, apart from crossfire. You could get €50 maybe, but you'd be lucky to shift it. Only people looking for 775 boards are those with broken ones out of warranty or something.

CPU is good, and you might find someone with a C2D looking to upgrade or something. You should be able to get €100 for it.

I knew boards was the wrong place to post this.. people just dont seem to read anymore...

These would be sold INDIVIDUALLY as UPGRADES for CURRENT SYSTEMS, i wouldnt dream of trying to sell these to people who want new systems.. Personally i would point them at 2500 i5, 16GB ram and a nice ASUS LGA1155.. for like 450 euro..

But yes.. just image for a second you were in a place where money was an object and you are sitting on a Dual Core machine with 4 gigs of RAM and wanted to upgrade without doing a full upgrade, or a Quad machine with 4 gigs for that matter..

MoBo is a lost cause i think but id say someone who has fried something on their existing with DDR2, 775 would possibly pay 50-80 for it, It does happen, i bought it for the reason that 2 of my SATA ports didnt work on the last one..

Landa2 wrote: »
    I knew boards was the wrong place to post this.. people just dont seem to read anymore...

These would be sold INDIVIDUALLY as UPGRADES for CURRENT SYSTEMS, i wouldnt dream of trying to sell these to people who want new systems.. Personally i would point them at 2500 i5, 16GB ram and a nice ASUS LGA1155.. for like 450 euro..

But yes.. just image for a second you were in a place where money was an object and you are sitting on a Dual Core machine with 4 gigs of RAM and wanted to upgrade without doing a full upgrade, or a Quad machine with 4 gigs for that matter..

MoBo is a lost cause i think but id say someone who has fried something on their existing with DDR2, 775 would possibly pay 50-80 for it, It does happen, i bought it for the reason that 2 of my SATA ports didnt work on the last one..

Yes, but the only way you'd get the sort of money you want from people is by scamming those who don't know anything about computers. Anyone with a bit of knowledge wouldn't pay more than the price I gave because thats what its worth these days.

If you don't believe me, put it all up on adverts and see what offers you get.

You find me DDR2 RAM and good 775 processors for the prices your quoting then we talk about scamming people.. all anyone in this thread has linked me is incompatible parts.. One final time.. If you had a DDR2 system and were looking to upgrade.. Why would you go and buy some cheap incompatible i3 possessors or DDR3 Ram, aside from needing expensive paperweights..

• Advertisement

You find me DDR2 RAM and good 775 processors for the prices your quoting then we talk about scamming people.. all anyone in this thread has linked me is incompatible parts.. One final time.. If you had a DDR2 system and were looking to upgrade.. Why would you go and buy some cheap incompatible i3 possessors or DDR3 Ram, aside from needing expensive paperweights..

You asked what they are worth and we told you. If you don't like the answer just ask somewhere else, I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing. In the tech game, prices drop fast. It sucks but thats how it is. A GTX 8800 that you bought for €400 4 years ago is now worth €50 tops. Price depreciation happens quickly.

You might get lucky and sell the parts for more than they are worth, and if you do well done. Nothing is stopping you advertising them at €400 I just highly doubt anyone will buy them at that price.

As for quoting komplett prices, no one buys old tech brand new anymore unless they are desperate. And no one really buys from komplett as most of their stuff is overpriced.

Out of interest, the whole package, you haven't given your quote yet, just argued that the original suggestion wasn't accurate enough...

I might just keep the system and bring it all over with me as it currently plays anything i can throw at it with relative ease..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

You'll get what people are willing to pay for it and that's all. Komplett are selling new goods inc 21% vat and at least years guarantee, as well as all the consumer protections that come with buying from a dealer. Buying in a private sale is a lot riskier and your goods are used, so I would be looking to save at least 30% off the komplett price.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Woah dude, don't bite the head off of people who are helping you out for no reward.

Komplett occasionally have odd bits and pieces left over. They're a warehouse based company. I doubt they particularly mind if those pieces aren't sold. If they needed the space, they'd put stuff on clearance.

Myself, I have a system from around that same era. I wouldn't buy these parts as an upgrade even at 100 (assuming they were better than what I have which the processor isn't) because it's better to toss my motherboard and buy a modern set of replacement parts as an upgrade*.

*my current plan is keep my case, PSU, DVD burner and Hard Drives and toss the rest when I get a bit more free time. It just works out cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

All averages taken from completed listings on ebay

Processor q9550 - about 100 to 130 euros

Board - 50 to 60 euros

Ram - 50 to 80 euros (really varies a lot on this one)

The whole package just over 200 euros

sink wrote: »
    You'll get what people are willing to pay for it and that's all.

As above. No point in us guessing how good of a salesman you are. try selling them and see what you get. About 200 for the lot i would imagine.

Cheers Guys,

Was looking at those myself, prob will end up letting go for in and around 180.. A friend of mine wants me to upgrade his DDR2 machine, and it would be cheaper for me to give him those rather than going an buying parts that are below that spec,

Might let go of my 5770 as well and just buy a complete new system (minus HD's and PSU) when i land in NZ

@L apologies if i came off strong, but i have a problem with people who don't read thread conversations before throwing in their own two cents, resulting in a big circle forming on the thread.. Its not too hard to read, people just don't bother..

Advertisement